Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI source system data refresh

kurt_harding2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Guru's,

My source system for my BI QA environment is being refreshed, all new data will be in the source system.

My question is this: Do I have to delete all data in BI QA environment to ensure that my source and target systems match? Also, what are the steps for deleting all data from BI?

I know I have to delete the transactoin data before I can delete the Master data, but was wondering if there was such a thing as a mass delete of Master Data in BI.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

The best way would be to create a Process chain with one Process Variants of type "Complete Deletion of Data Target Contents" and then select Object Type as Infocube and list all the Infocubes that store Transaction Data. Followed by this create another Process Varaint of type "Delete Index" and here list down all the Infocubes that are listed in the 1st variant.

Create another Process variant of same type and select Object Type as DSO list all the Infocubes and DSOs that store Transaction Data.

Another Process Varaint of type "Deletion of Requests from PSA" list all the PSA used in Loading data.

Its not required to delete the Master data from infoobjects as this data will be overwritten when you load new data.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Ramesh

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kurt,

Do I have to delete all data in BI QA environment to ensure that my source and target systems match

Yes - you would have to delete existing data in the system for matching the data with the source if you are looking at data for specific periods for which you have test data already available..

As for mass delete - not sure if there is one...