cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI-IP:Derived characteristic overwritten again within copy planningfunctio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue using planning function "copy". I am using this planning function to copy my planned data within the real time infocube chaning the plan version from 1 to 2 within my realtime infocube. In my realtime infocube, i have a characteristic relationship to derive the date, time and user and unique id for each record. However, when I try to copy those records now into a new version, I get the following error messages:

Errors while executing sequence copy cylce 1 to cycle 2.

Planning functioncopy cycle 1 to cycle2 ended with errors

Critical error during characteristic derivation

Derived characteristic overwritten again

Characteristic 'zinscomp': Old value ' ', new value ' c '

Critical error during characteristic derivation

Derived characteristic overwritten again

Characteristic 'zinscomp': Old value ' ', new value ' c '

Any Idea how to solve this issue?

Following steps i tried :

Here I have user entry for Insertion compenent of a material.

so I check the Status of Insertion compenent of material In material master data with data in the planning cube.

I got 2 mismatch in the staus for material and corrected in material master.

After doing this task also i am getting the same issue .

Kindly propose some suggestion how to proceed ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

after the copy planning function the copied records will be checked and if correct will be transferred to the delta buffer. In the delta buffer derivation based on characteristic relationships will be called.

The error indicates that derivation rules with respect to 'zinscomp' are inconsistent:

- 'zinscomp' is contained in the aggregation level with value ' ' but a derivation fills a field not in the aggregation level and in addition changes 'zinscomp' from ' ' to 'c'.

- or 'zinscomp' not in the aggregation level, was derived with value ' ' and another derivation rule again changed the value to 'c'

This must not happen. If this happens this always indicates inconsistent derivatiion rules. So please check your customizing:

1 do characteristic relationships of type derivation have consistent derivation rules

2 parameterization of the copy function: maybe 'zinscomp' comes from the copy source, always with initial values but has to have non-initial value, e.g. 'c' in the copy target. In this can you may remove 'zinscomp' from the aggregation level; derivation then will automatically fill 'zinscomp' via derivation.

Regards,

Gregor