cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI-IP: Assign user input variable in planning seq. started by process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm starting a process chain from a BI-IP planning web application. In the application there is a profit center drop down variable which I would like to assign in a planning sequence which is started by process chain. The process chain itself is started by a button in the web template.

So far I haven't found a place where I could assign the variable item to be used in planning sequence which is in a process chain. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Aki

View Entire Topic
asit_ramteke
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello

If you have variable in planning sequence, you need to create variant in planning modeler in planing sequence tab. These variants are available as option while creating process chain with process type

'planning sequence.' In Process maintenance you will find 'variable variant' to select variants created in modeler.

Please refer to help file for further reference.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/45/946677f8fb0cf2e10000000a114a6b/content.htm

With Regards,

Asit Ramteke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asit,

Thanks for your quick reply and link. So far I haven't succeeded to input the profit center variable value in the variant specified in modeler. More details below

- The variable is technically the same, both in web template dropdown and planning sequence, ZPRCTR

- In the planning seq variant, I am unable to assign the value given by dropdown

- In the web application designer I cannot bind variable in process chain button item (no place to put "binding variable" as it's normally done with runtime planning sequences)

More ideas...? Thanks!

Regards, Aki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give exact details of how you are starting this PC using a button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

In the button parameters, command EXECUTE_PROCESS_CHAIN. But here is not dropdown variable binding available.

In the process chain steps assign planning sequence in process type "Execute Planning Sequence"

Aki

Edited by: Aki Pousar on Jun 3, 2008 3:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surprise! I have not seen the command - EXECUTE_PROCESS_CHAIN. Do you have it in Analyser or WAD?

But in any case, I am not able to think of a solution for you. There does not seem to be a way to execute a command when the selection in the dropdown (for a variable) changes - otherwise there could have been some possibility.

Edited by: Mayank Gupta on Jun 3, 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

It's in WAD. I don't know if the exist in Analyzer.

Any other ideas / comments / workarounds?

Aki