cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Integrated planning Input-Ready Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possble to create an Input-Ready query directly against a Realtime InfoCube?

I saw a statement in the TBW45 Participant Handbook on page 19 "Note: It is possible to create an input-ready query based directly on the real-time InfoCube, to add all the characteristics of the InfoCube to the query and therefoe to create an input-ready plan query without using an aggregtion level."

I have tried to do this, but the planning options in the properties of the query are greyed out and therefore I assume that an input-ready query can only be created over an aggregation level or a Multi-provider that contains an aggregated level.

Can anyone confirm this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

an input-ready query always uses an aggregation level to control the level (characteristics and key figures) to write data into an InfoCube. A query can only be input-ready using the following InfoProviders:

1 aggregation level on a real-time InfoCube

2 aggregation level on a multiprovider

3 multiprovider containing aggregation levels

In general a cell in queries using these providers can be input-ready, if all characteristics used in the aggregation level are uniquely determined (filtered to a single value, drilled-down in rows or columns or restricted to a single value in a restricted key figure.

This rule applies to queries not using disaggregation. With disaggregation only 0INFOPROV and currency/unit characteristics are have to be uniquley determined at the cell level.

In cases 2,3. the charcteristic 0INFOPROV is treated as all other characteristics.

Aggregation levels were developed to have better control of plan data ('planning levels') and as a carrier of planning functions.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregor, that is what I suspected. Very misleading sentence in the IP manual. I should report this to SAP so that they can make it more clear.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Robert, Very true, either there must be an aggregation level or a multiprovider with atleast one Agg/level, which allows the data for the input ready query to be changed using planning functions or via user entries. References : http://goo.gl/bCOZJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Arun. I suspected that this would be the case....