cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

BI and SAP Banking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone worked on SAP Banking extracts from both legacy and SAP Banking system. If so can any information be provided. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

what information do you need? It is now almost 2 years ago, but I might remember some stuff. I worked on saving accounts as well as the loans. It was AM and CML in that days.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi,

Any information would be ideal. I have been informed that I may be assisting with a Banking implementation - emphasis has been placed on transactional banking.

Sorry its so vague its just that I'd like to get an idea of what I am plunging into and if possible details on Banking Analyzer

Thanks

Edited by: Niten Shah on Aug 13, 2008 8:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

well, most of the information can be found at http://help.sap.com (in the business content, goto the industry solutions and check out the folder banking). As you know all extractors, datasources, infosources are explained there. Depending on the release you are working on, you might get some performance issues while loading the loans, and here specially the extractor for the cash flow will be a big mess. Addionally you need to adjust your loads to bw to the so called 'day end processing' and the 'day start processing' of the source system. These are processes runing, depending on the day, for hours and you will find only a small time frame for your loads. We also had to find some workarounds to get it to work performantly. If you have further questions feel free to ask.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siggi,

Will go through the material and post specific question as and when.

I think what I will also dig around for is an understanding of some of the processes which form part of transactional banking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

in case you need it I might be able to give you the name of some central function module names in the source systems. But I need to collect them from my personal 'knowlegde db'.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siggi,

That would be very useful when you get the chance.

Best regards

Niten

Answers (0)