Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.0 Query designer : Variable sequence

former_member574967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have created a report. I have created some variables for the report . I need to add the variable sequence kindly advise me the steps.

Thanks & regards ,

M.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you mean you need to change the sequence in which these variables appear in the selection screen.

this can be done in the query properties, in the tool bar go to query properties and there you will have a tab for variable sequence, here you can change the sequence as per your requirement.

regards,

Rk.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member574967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Thankyou Jaheer. It was version problem.

Thankyou for your inputs. Apologies for the delay in the response. The problem is solved now.

The Variables can be added in the variable sequence now .

Thanks & regards,

M.S

Edited by: M.S on Sep 8, 2009 8:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the 'variable is ready for input' is checked already then the variable must be visible in variable sequence tab.

once try to remove the check mark and save the query and again check the 'variable is ready for input'.

can u mention all the properties of the variable which u have created ??

Edited by: bilvanth on Aug 11, 2009 1:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If still it is open, please check version of SAP GUI

File version it should be 7100.3.11.1042.

I hope it is help

Thanks,

Jaheer

former_member574967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have included the variables under the characteristic restrictions. Still not appearing.

Kindly Advise.

Thanks & regards ,

M.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MS,

For a variable to appear in variable sequence no need to include it under characteristic restrictions.

Varible appears in variable sequence even though it is created for those in default values.

Try doing wt bilvanth said.

Regards,

Priya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

while creating the variable,in the details tab we have 'variable is ready for input '

did u check that option ??

former_member574967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bilvanth ,

The " Variable ready for input " is ticked.

Kidnly advise.

Thanks & regards ,

M.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need use those variables by restricting the characterstics which are present in rows, freecharacteristics or filter.

then only you will be able to see the variables in the variable sequence tab.

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

U cont add a new variable in the variable sequence .i also faced the same problem ,i think therewas some setting in the variable that the variable will not be displayed in the variable sequence .

may be variable is based on customer exit .

former_member574967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The problem is the variables which i have created are not appearing under the variable sequence tab.

Kindly advise how to add variables under variable sequence tab.

Thanks & regards ,

M.S

rathy_moorthy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

U cannot directly add it to that sequence. U need to use it in the query soemwhere.In text variable or as restriction in RKF..etc...

Then only it will appear in the list.

Regards,

Rathy

rathy_moorthy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the right most pane where u see properties.

From the dropdown select query properties.(alternatively u can click on 'query properties' icon from the query designer toolbar)

now in properties u will see tab for variable sequence-u can define the sequence of all user entry variables here( u should have already used these variables in the query-then only they will appear in this list).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Rathy