Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using BEx 3.5 and generated a report

My report output in BEx explorer

user want the report in specified format

like header and footer report heading in center

some infoobject heading in bold letter

font size is bigger for few infoobjects.

Is it possible to do above things in BEx Explorer if not which is the best tool to do this?.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Yes it is absolutely possible,

1. open a new workbook in and do modifications what ever you wish like choosing View --> Header and Footer for creating Headers and so, font size etc,.

2. Save the workbook in your desired destination.

3. In BEx Analyser choose Tools and select the option Insert Workbook as a template (I am not sure).

4. Now after this option you have to select the workbook you created earlier.

5. After this when ever you create and run a query the report will displays on the same workbook you choosen earlier.

Hope this helps you.

Assign points if useful!!

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how to present this report to user I mean he want to execute this report user dose not have access to Query designer. He will have a access to BI SYSTEM

can we create a role say "SALES" and assign that query to this role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

Probably yes! You can create a role & assign that query to that role.

From your end, you can format the report by using VBA-embedded in the query. VBA provides enhanced fuinctionalities for formatting query/workbook easily.

Regards,

Parmanand

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

If you are familiar with VBA, you can create all these formatting very easily. The code will be embedded inside your query/workbook. VBA provides a special advantage for formatting reports enhanced with the normal Excel capabilities.

Kindly revert for more information & sample codes.

Regards,

Parmanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roy,

Yes its possible in workbooks, once after creating the workbook on the query you can apply all the things you want using excel functionalities.

Regards,

Gattu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should try to use Crystal Reports. It is also one alternative to 3.X systems.

check online documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/06/00a63b60f26e3be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a Workbook and use the text and the work book setting icons in Bex should sort all your issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi roy,

try creating workbooks.it might not suffice all your requirements but most of them.

regards,

Parth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try creating Web Templates for your Queries using Web Application Designer.

It will let you add lots of Fancy stuff.