cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Report based on Char calculations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to calculate two NUMC's which are characteristics,This two Char are like TEST1 ,TEST2 which holdes the data like 1 for Test 1 and 2 for test2.Now i need to calculate this two Numc fields(Test1,Test2)in my report.

To achieve this i have created a new structure ,on it new formula,once the formula screen got opened then in that i have created two formula valriable which converts char in to keyfigure,based on that two formula variable i have included this in my calculating my formula(i,e test1+test2)..

But when i run the report ,it is fetching no data,and an message as(NO DATA ),when i remove this newly created formula variable from the report then then i can see the data.

My doubt is how to do calculation based on NUMC char,and is wot i done is fine or any other alternative is there?

Please provide me as earliest.

Thanks in Advace !!

Bobby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you use the replacement path, then the calculation can only be done if the cahracteristics is in the drill down...

I would suggest you to do that at the cube level or to use exception of agregation

PY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PY,

Appreciate  your response.

i Have done it with replacement path with ref to the char.

But can we do it with the help of Cell Level calculations ?as u mentioned cube level u mean in transformations with the help of field or start or end routine?

How can we achieve this with exception of aggregation..

Thanks,

Bobby

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can u tell me what values does test1 and test2 hold ?

I think that has to work by creating the formula variable. and then adding those 2 formula variable.

Regards,

RaviChandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can u tell me what values does test1 and test2 hold ?TEST 1 AND TEST 2 holds NUMERIC VALUES .

I think that has to work by creating the formula variable. and then adding those 2 formula variable.

i have created formula variable based on this two test1 test1 ,but when i add them in my formula ,reportin is not fetching data,when i remove this variable from the formula and delete  the formula from the report then report is fetchin data..

please let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks,

Bobby

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are u getting any error when u created formula variables in the query designer .

Regards,

Ravichandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I tried on my system

There is no error in the formula editor. it works, but as the characteristics are not in the drill down, the evaluation is not possible...

I would go for a modification of the transformation in the back end...or if you really want to do that in the front end, how would you feed the 2 chars ?

PY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have created the same but no errors,but when i run the report it is not fetching the data.When i remove this formula variable's from the report then i run the report ,its gets the data.

Thanks,

Bobby

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

The issue has been resolved,i have created new formula variable based on NUMC which is workin fine now.

Thanks All.....

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

What difference u made ? Earlier also u create the formula variable and now also u created formula variable what difference did u make .

Regard,

RaviChandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Earlier i have created a new structure and then created a formula ,then included this both formula varibale,after that when i run the report  data was not fetching.

Now what i did is deleted the new structure with the formula,and created the new formula in the existing structure and included the formula variable in this formula.Its working fine....

Thanks,

Bobby