cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex query result in SAP Netweaver Portal: no texts displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on SAP Netweaver BI 7.0 and SAP Netweaver Portal 7.

I have designed a query using Bex Query Designer. When I execute the query, this is displayed in the Portal. The problem is that the texts for the characteristics are not showed (although I have set the cell property in the query result in the Portal as 'Key and text' or all the other possibilities). When I execute the same query in the Bex Analyzer the correct texts are displayed and also when executing on the BW server (tcode rsrt) there is no problem. So the problem is certainly Portal related. 

Remark. I only detect this problem in our production system. The text display works fine in our development and quality system !

Anyone an idea where to look ?

Kind regards,

Guy Verschueren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone any suggestions ?

Kr, Guy Verschueren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am getting convinced that the the problem is related to the language setting of the portal.

The texts are not maintained in the english, only in dutch and french.

When I execute the query in the dev Portal, the characteristic descriptions are in Dutch (I am Dutch speeking). And also the standard buttons like 'New analysis' (-> Nieuwe analyse), 'Open' (-> Openen), 'Save as'  (-> Opslaan als), ...  are in Dutch.

When I execute the query in the production Portal, the texts of all characteristics are in English (or missing) and also the standard buttons are in English ('New analysis', 'Open', 'Save as', ...).

Where can I change the setting that the production Portal should use the Dutch (or French depending on the user) language instead of English.

I have already checked the Internet Explorer language setting and this is Dutch. (This seems e logic because the dev Portal is working fine with the same Internet Explorer).

Could anyone please help on this issue ?

Kr, Guy Verschueren.

Dev:

Production:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think standard BI JCO Destinations exist in the Portal. Make sure the language option set to blank in the JCO Connections instead of specific language.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution:

my user was defined in the production Portal with the property 'language = EN' instead of blank, as in development and quality environment.

Thx,

Guy Verschueren

Answers (0)