cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx: non-cumulative and cumulative key figures & exemption aggregation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BEx experts

We have a multiprovider containing an infocube with non-cumulative key figures (stocks) and one cube with cumulative key figures.

The query itself is designed with 0COMP_CODE, 0CFM_SEC_ID and 0FS_PRD_TP. There is no time characteristic in the drill down.

The exemption aggregations "last value" and "max value" are referenced to 0CALDAY.

After executing the query all key figures are calculated correctly.

If you draw 0CALDAY into the query all key figures except the ones calculated by exemption aggregation get not filled.

I have checked the appropriate infocubes and must state that there effectively are values for 0CALDAY available.

Is this a standard behaviour? We have BW 7.31.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your screen shot I can make out that your exception aggr KFs also have filled with data and you have hidden with white rectangles. Is that true? Has anything come up there or absolutely nothing in them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

Yes, it is true.

Only  the exception aggr KFs have been filled with data. All cells of them are filled. This is correct.

The rest unfortunately not which is not correct.

Thx

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The fact that you got data for all other KFs for only Sub and Overall totals means, there is no valid combination of data with all your report fields in your MP.

I think Calday is not there in either of the Cubes. that's why you got only Totals.

former_member182343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

Did you check Assignment of 0CALDAY at Multi-provider level.

Check whether Assignment is done from all info-providers which are using in query.

Best wishes, Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

I must disagree.

In the screen you can see the masked result of my query.

The last two columns get their data from InfoProvider ZCFM_C11, net and gross dividend. There you can see only the result although you have data on 29.04.2013.

These keyfigures from ZCFM_C11 are restricted on 0CALDAY entered by interval variable: 01.01.2013 - 19.12.2013.

The columns "Market value" and "market value (CHF)" get their data from InfoProvider ZCFM_C10. They are restricted on a single value variable 0CALDAY with offset -1 day.

The key figures with exemption aggregation ("last value" and "max value") use a hided key figure. This hided key figure is nearly the same as the key figure "Market value" except it uses an interval for 0CALDAY: 01.01.2013 - 0CALDAY (single value variable).

For all of the listed days in the query there exist records in cube ZCFM_C10, but only the last day shows a value in the query.

For the last two columns, cube ZCFM_C10, there is no value in the query, except the one in the result, although on 29.04.2013 there are values in the cube.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Have you applied any global filters on 0calday i mean in characteristic restriction.

As your report is on multiprovider so please make sure that you apply global filters on the characteristic which are common in both the cubes only otherwise the data may not be displayed from another cube which are not common.

Also check the characteristic assignment for 0calday and other chars.in multiprovider.

Hope this gives an idea.

Regards,
AL

former_member182343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

Kindly confirm whether any Restriction is done at Filter level.

I guess, there is some restriction happen at global level.

There might be one characteristic which is in filer level , doesnt have proper assignment at Multiprovider level.

Plz check assignment of characteristics which are using in Rows panel(Comp code, product code, security ID , Day) and Characteristics used in filter panel.

Lets see what's the issue is.

Regards, Vijay

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope your calday range variable and calday-1 restricted to respected KFs. I don't think you have kept any calday variable in Filter pane which is not overlapping with other variables.

Something is overlapping , I believe. Just remove those exception agggr Kfs for the time being and check your drill downs are ok. Slowly keep on adding other KF one by one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

The global filter is only on security ID, company code and charts of accounts.

Therefore this filter doesn't reflect my issue.

@Suman: You are right, if you remove the exemption aggr KFs then the problem is solved.

The base of the aggr KFs is only one hided KF which selections can be seen here.

My suspicion was already with these aggr KFs but I cannot find a logical cause for this behaviour.

Do you have an idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay, I think I explored the cause of this behaviour.

Yes, there is the single value variable on KF market value, this restrict the result only to the last day as you only enter a single value for 0CALDAY.

The other issue with the 2nd cube is also solved:

I have used another time characteristic 0FS_BDATE instead of 0CALDAY. I have swapped them and you can see the result now:

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know that Thomas..So the issue was not with the Exception aggregation but with the reference characteristic i guess or may be with the wrong assignment in MP.

And there is another thing i feel its typo error from your end its Exception not Exemption..

Good Luck have a happy weekend ahead.

Regards,

AL

former_member182343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Congrats thomas. I guess your issue got resolved.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exception Aggregation is something like it decides the KF aggregation behavior. As you have placed them with other normal KFs and applied drill down with calday as well. It would work if you do not drill down with calday. This is the main reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other issue with the 2nd cube is also solved:

I have used another time characteristic 0FS_BDATE instead of 0CALDAY.

Well, I have checked this issue again. In this cube 0FS_BDATE and 0CALDAY are filled with same time values.

Therefore it was correct to keep 0FS_BDATE in the selection of this key figure.

The reason why keyfigures like net dividends, gross dividends, etc are displayed only in the result row is that we have a condition on KF "market value "last value" CHF" greater than 1.000.000.

Does anyone have experience about this behaviour? If you delete this condition the single values (with 0CALDAY) are displayed in the rows and of course in the result.

Thanks

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep, conditions will hide the records but shows the results. This is standard behavior. Sometimes we just require only results to process our data to further streams like BO or any Excel based formulas. So we use conditions to suppress all records.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you apply the condition on any keyfigure then it just hides the value or rather in the background it makes the cell grayed out.

Another thing to consider that all these settings are for display purpose only if you try ti do further calculation on it,then it takes the original value only and not the displayed value.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

This in effect means: The condition on KFG 1 will hide the single value of KFG2?

But why is KFG "quantity" not hided (first key figure in the screen below)?

Probably as it is no currency valued KFG?

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that hide single value setting is applied on the kfs which you are referring to-Please check that once.

Condition acts globally and hides the complete dataset and does not work cell wise as far as i understand.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is the BEx-setting to hide single values?

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find it on your KF settings-->Calculate Single value as-->Hide

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Click on the particular kf for which you need to check --On the right hand side pane--Hit the calculations tab--Calculate single value as--Hide

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, thanks.

No, there is not this setting.

It has the standard setting.

Answers (0)