Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX filter based on characteristic combination

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 0SOLD_TO and 0CUSTOMER where 0SOLD_TO ( as you know) is referenced from 0CUSTOMER. Let say the user does not select neither customer nor sold to in the report global filter.And let say there are 3 rows in cube.

sold to - customer - key figure

A A 5

A B 10

C C 20

I want to display row 1 and row 3 where sold to and customer are the same.(both are A and both are C. ) .

I think a variable on sold to with type replacement path and referenced from customer will not work.Do I have to write a user exit? If so , can you give clues about the exit?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

if you have them both in your cube or in one infoobject, add the logic in the DWH if not you can create:

you can create a formula variable of both those objects-> get the key als key figure -> when this is done you can create formula:

(formula variable 1 == formula variable 2) this is a Boolean expression, giving you 1 for true, set a condition on the new variable > 0

grtz

Koen

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate the content of the formula variable ? Using my example above if possible ( using customer and sold to scenario)

kohesco
Active Contributor
gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for the well explained blog but.I know about the formula variable and was actually asking about your method and how it will solve our problem.

kohesco
Active Contributor

Well you use both formula variables in a formula to compare them, it they match you set 1 if they do not match you set 0, via the condition you can filter out the matching ones

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Works perfectly...

Answers (0)