cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to plan prices, head-count etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've been spending quite some time thinking about an appropiate way to implement the following requirement:

Planning quantities and also prices through different dimensions.

Standard behavior in BPS is that everything gets summed up. Let's say I plan my regional sales volumes (quantities, prices, amounts) and then switch to the national planning level. My regional prices would then SUM UP to an astronomically high national price (and not average or max etc.). BPS simply ignores the aggregation behavior flag of the InfoObject. So what to do?

Is there a best practice to plan with prices in BPS?

Many thanks in advance!

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

To my knowledge there is nothing standard for it.

What about using a planning function (fox or exit) to calculate the price at a national level and change hte national level value.

Another option is that when prices are being planned, do not update the nation for the prices. Price for nation (region as #) through a function.

Cheers

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aneesh,

thanks for your answer. Your latter suggestion doesn't apply to us, because they want to plan different prices on regional and national level... monthly and yearly level and so on.

Your first hint is exactly what we're doing, but I think it will get us into a lot of trouble in the long run. We use for example a flag-characteristic for "monthly level", with which we try to seperate the monthly prices from the yearly prices. Whenever someone enters a price or a quantity, a whole set of function sequences fires and recalculates averages etc on different levels.

I just thought that there must be a standard solution for this.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

If the month and year level plans are different, then do not populate the year when the month values are planned and month when year is planned. They are two different levels.

Prices are normally used along with quantities resulting in values. Quantities and values can both be rolled up.

Cheers

Aneesh

Answers (0)