cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best technique to move dictionary tables used in SAP CRM API to HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to move the API from CRM to HANA. During analysis we have found out that there are a lot of dictonary tables involved in API including marketing attributes, address, services, oneorder documents, items, products. Our plan is to replicate these tables and then expose the required aggregated data via OData Service.

What is the best way to replicate these tables in the above scenario? SLT?

During replication of CRM dictionary tables do the foreign keys get kept or we need to manually reconnect all the related tables?

In API there are a lot of dictionary objects involved that we are not aware of what is the best technique to identify those?

We are hoping for a solution that allows for this scenario to replicate the whole data model.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

The following wiki contains a step by step guide on how to import your data into the system.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/Import

BODS - Business objects Data services is a ETL tool used to extract data from source ( ECC/CRM etc) & will load into Hana .

I hope this answers your question ?

Best regards,

Frederik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederik!

Thank you for the answer. Yes it does. The only question I have is. Since the data we need to replicate is transactional data/master data is this real time replication? In case a new BP/Contract/etc is created will the change get automatically replicated into corresponding tables in HANA?

0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

Yes, if you use SLT , the data will be automatically replicated immediately. If you use BODS, it can be near real time replicated into target system.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

I have done some extra research to answer you question and come to the following.

http://www.saphana.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/1354-102-1-1772/How%20To...%20load%20SAP%20Bu...

This document describes it even better that also you changes during the process will be transfered.

Kind regards,

Frederik          

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for answers. the conclusion is that the only option we have for migrating CRM API query functionality to HANA is by identifying all the dictionary tables involved. Then replicating this table using SLT and then manually creating links between the tables in HANA.

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is migrating the complete CRM system onto HANA a option for you?

If not and must be side-car deployment, yes SLT can fulfill the needs.

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

which needs can SLT fullfill? I have specific questions that i need answered.

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check SLT Starter blog to know more about SLT:

Regards,

Vivek

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Replication only get you the tables and records into HANA. Tables relationship maybe does not matter since you only used what are replicated from the source system and the relationship are already governed properly.

Finally to find out what dictionary objects are required, no easy answer i feel... An API execution can possibly continue to call to unknown number of API in background. Every data dictionary used by the APIs will then be required for your scenario.. database table tracing when you execute the API?