cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Configuration Step 3: Configure CA introscope - Path is missing

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing following issue in step Configure CA Introscope of Basic Configuration I can not enter path to EM installation

If I go via Solution Manager Administration - Infrastucture and Introscope - Start embedded I can see and enter path

but EM is not discovered/appears

EM is running ... permissions for daaadm also ok.

Any ideas, tips?

Thank you

Vacla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi all,

thank you for your help. I finally managed to add EM in step 3 - there is still something wrong but progress is made.

Note 2082258 Clicking on "Discover Introscope EM" button results in: "Status of retrieval of existing installatio...

Resolution

Make sure that the profile for role SAP_SOLMANDIAG_E2E assigned to the user SMD_RFC is activated

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vaclav,

I am happy that you able to reslove this issue.

Regards,

Yogesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thx Ruth and Yogesh,

1915041 is not my case

2058462 I have applied

agents are corrected to SLD.

Now I can input path, solman accepts with success but CA Introscope Manager is not visible.

EM is running

./EMCtrl.sh status

./EMCtrl.sh status: Enterprise Manager (pid 4063340) is running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaclav,

Have you tried navigating to the workstation URL:

http://<EMServerFQDN>:8081/workstation  ?

I am having a similar issue in Solman 7.2, so I will keep an eye on this post.

BR

Andy

0 Kudos

I have noticed this EM state is grey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vaclav Hradec wrote:

Thx Ruth and Yogesh,

1915041 is not my case

2058462 I have applied

agents are corrected to SLD.

Now I can input path, solman accepts with success but CA Introscope Manager is not visible.

EM is running

./EMCtrl.sh status

./EMCtrl.sh status: Enterprise Manager (pid 4063340) is running

Hi,

As I've highlighted in your reply above, and as I can understand from your reply, you want to enter installation path via CA Introscope Manager or is there a different requirement.

Regards,

Deepa.

0 Kudos

Issue is that EM introscope is not detected. Nothing appears in HOST field ...

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vaclav,

Can you check that introscope is installed properly and working as standalone application on server?

If your introscope is not installed properly this might happens. Check installation log file its should say installation successful.

Regareds,

Yogesh

0 Kudos

No errors in installation log:

1156 Successes

0 Warnings

0 NonFatalErrors

0 FatalErrors

version is: Introscope_9.5.6.0_InstallLog.log

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to open webview and workstation app ?

-Yogesh

0 Kudos

YES

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ok perfect its working.

When you press Discover installation button do you see any message, error or warning on the screen or it just not working?

You better check SM21 log after failed attempt.

One more thing as below as per SAP Wiki Page: Introscope Setup - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

Solution Manager Basic Configuration => Configure CA Introscope

In this Solution Manager setup step, you connect existing CA Introscope Enterprise Managers to SAP Solution Manager.

When discovering EMs these are made known to Solution Manager.

For this setup action some files of Enterprise Manager have to be read:

• <EM_HOME>/Introscope_Enterprise_Manager.lax Ÿ
  • <EM_HOME>/config/IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties Ÿ
  • <EM_HOME>/config/users.xml Ÿ
  • <EM_HOME>/config/domains.xml
  • <EM_HOME>/product/enterprisemanager/plugins/com.wily.introscope.em_<version>.jar
  • <EM_HOME>/bin/EMService.conf (Windows only) Ÿ

Also some files of the Enterprise Manager get edited by different Solution Manager setup steps:

• <EM_HOME>/config/IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties Ÿ(Basic Configuration => Configure CA Introscope => Discover Introscope EM)
  • <EM_HOME>/config/users.xml Ÿ(Basic Configuration => Configure CA Introscope => User Management)
  • <EM_HOME>/config/domains.xml (Basic Configuration => Configure CA Introscope => User Management)
  • <EM_HOME>/sap/<SolMan_SID>.e2emai.properties (Basic Configuration => Configure Automatically => Push DPC Configuration to CA Introscope)
  • <EM_HOME>/config/agentcluster.xml (Managed Systems Configuration => Configure Automatically => Generate System-level Metrics)

Accordingly the user running the Diagnostics Agent assigned to the Enterprise Manager host has to have read/write permissons to the above listed folders and files.

Regards,

Yogesh

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you have SAP diagnostic agent installed and connected to SLD

-Yogesh

ruth_reilly
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vaclav,

Have you reviewed

1915041 - Managed System Configuration: No Enterprise Manager is available step Configure CA Wily Introscope

2058462 - Corrections for Solution Manager 7.1 Setup

Best regards,

Ruth