cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI Message Display Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is like when I click on the table item its details would be displayed in a tab below the table. User can update these details. After changing the values we are updating the values througha BAPI to the BI system. The BAPI returns a Message back.

From the output of the BAPI I need to display this message.

I can create a form and then display this message. The problem is when I select any other row item in the table the message still remains in the tab. How can i remove / hide this message when I select the row item from the table?

Thanks,

Nagarajan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used a data store to have the value in the local memory when the users click on the row item. When passing these values to the details screen in a tab below I passed a msg flag which I over wrote when BAPI result message is received.

Thanks,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

As i can understand you have a table from where you are you are selecting a row and populating the values of that row in a form, now user will change the values in this form and submit and then you are getting the message from BAPI and storing it in a field present in the form.

In this case you can use a data store, here are the steps;

1. create a data store and a field inside it to store your message.

2. this field in the data store should be populated from the BAPI i.e. your data store field will store the message when user submits the changed values.

i think you will not be able to connect the data store directly to the BAPI (not sure about this part). if that is the case you have a create a table with a single column to store your message from BAPI (and hide it) and then connect the data store to the ouput port of this table and event between data store and table will be "select". as you know by default the first row will be selected from the table and data store field will be updated.

3. now instead of a input field in your form which is currently populated with message use formula field and write a formula to it with the data store field. hence now you can get the message when user submits the changes.

4. to clear this field in the form you have to clear the data store field, so connect the data store field to the form where user is changing the values and submiting it. the value for that connection will be blank. hence the formula field will now show blank till the message is again populated in the data store.

let me know if you need any clarifications.

Regards,

Rk.