cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of XI development objects - How ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How do we take a backup of the development objects in XI ?

Do we have to use the "export design objects option" and export them to the file system of XI server. I am looking at a scenario where in , say , the XI box crashes.

I am looking at a backup of my Software Component Versions in the Integration Builder.

Any pointers ?

Thanks

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sara,

We can restrict access to the developers at the SWCV level or even at the namespace level. I will send you that information.

Regards,

Ravi

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

using file system is very practical:

(if you work for a consulting company)

because you always have the latest versions of your SWC that you can reuse later on (mappings and so on) - or work with them your DEV XI at your company

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very True Michal .

My concern is that , since i beleive we cannot limit access to SWCV's or namespaces , and if there is a team of 4 to 6 people working on the same DEV box , there is a possibility that , unknowingly one may delete a namespace or SWCV.

Is there a way in which i can limit access to a specific development object in XI ? say at an object level(Data Type or a Mapping program) or at namespace level ?

Thanks

Saravana

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sure there is:)

fynny you mention it because at the weekend I thought that my next weblog will show how to do it:)

integration buider - user roles

you can do it on object level (mappings, swc all of them)

Regards,

michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and here it is:)

easy startup with xi authorizations:)

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/25/xi-how-to-add-authorizations-to-repository-objects

regards,

michal

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

you export your files as you described, and if you like, you can save them to other mediums. The path to the export file will be given by a popup after the export.

Regards,

Udo