cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average Function Working different in 2 different environments

0 Kudos

we have built same report in on oracle db universe and postgres db universe (same structure and date)

Even though the data is same the a variable which does Average is behaving differently.

Is there any configuration i have to change for this to work in the same way or is there anything else i should be checking.

Any help is appreciated

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Welcome and Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. Please add more details to your question, e.g. you can also add a screenshot. With that, you can reach a broader range of experts to get your question answered. I also recommend to do this tutorial https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html

The more details you provide, the more likely it is that members will be able to assist you.

Finally, if you're hoping to connect with readers, please consider adding a picture to your profile. Here's how you do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JdUbyjfMA&list=PLpQebylHrdh5s3gwy-h6RtymfDpoz3vDS. By personalizing your profile with a photo of you, you encourage readers to respond.

Regards, Svea

SAP Community Global Moderator

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I changed the tag on your question. The "SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform" tag is for questions about the BOBJ platform. Your question is specifically about how to do something in Webi, so the correct tag is "SAP BusinessObjects - Web Intelligence (WebI)".

-Dell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe it's because of "Empty Row".

see help for average:

Syntax
num Average(measure[;member_set][;IncludeEmpty])

IncludeEmpty Includes empty rows in the calculation

(Empty rows excluded by default)

0 Kudos

Hello,

in our scenario They are no empty values.

but we observed is the averages changes by adding some columns and removing it again.

the behavior of average is random how can we make it consistent.