Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability of legacy SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 software for Windows server

goodmanmk1
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two questions:

1) One of our digital teams is planning on undertaking an on prem to cloud migration in relation to an old legacy SAP BusinessObjects installation. They also want to change O/S from Solaris to Windows. They want to test this work via a proof-of-concept project before doing it for real. However for the POC, they will need a copy of the legacy SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 software to enable them to install and test it in their cloud test environment. I've checked the SAP Support Launchpad / My SAP and only the service pack / patch fixes for XI 3.1 are currently available for download. Setting aside the fact that XI 3.1 is completely out of support and why we haven't managed to upgrade this particular installation, how would we go about getting hold of the full XI 3.1 for Windows server application for download?

2) From what I can see, SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 was at the time recommended for install on either Windows Server 2003 or 2008. Would it work in a Windows Server 2012 environment or even later Win environment? Does the XI 3.1 installer check for compatible O/S? Obviously this depends on the answer to question 1).

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. You should contact CIC - Customer Service for help with locating software. SAP support has no ability to locate/provide it for you.
2. XI 3.1 was not designed nor tested on windows 2012 or 2019. Nor it was designed/tested to work with current versions of Databases. It might work or it won't.
3. Instead of trying to move Xi3.1 install to cloud, upgrade it into cloud. Install BI 4.2 Sp2 in the cloud, use Upgrade management wizard to migrate content from your on-prem Xi3.1 to it, then upgrade cloud install to current version of BI 4.3 Sp3+.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest to raise the support ticket with SAP support team.They can help you to provide the location.