cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automate the process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

iam having a requirement where iam getting csv files from another system at present iam manually pushing the data into bw but now i need to automate this process.please give me solution for this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently how are you getting file? The option is, in your InfoPackage, you can specify the source file from Application server. usually /usr/sap/<system name>/SYS/global etc.

Now you can decided one folder on the application server from where you will be uploading file to BW data targets. Put that path with file name into your Infopackage and schedule that InfoPackage through Process Chain.

If you are getting this file from 3rd party, you can ask them to upload this path to your SAP application server on teh specified folder.

You can also write a shell script in Unix or batch script in Windows to copy file from one folder to your desired folder on application server. It depends on the OS of your SAP system.

- Danny.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Komal,

You can automate the process using process chains.........just load thru the file thru application server for that first u have to create file directory, where the file can be located(T-Code AL11)......in infopackage make the extraction thru application server.........

Hope it clears u,

Best Regards,

Santosh Dhanawade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put whatever process you are using in process chain.

Thanks,

Uday.

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Your concerned file must be uploaded on to the application server , check AL11 tcode, for the list of directories where you can load ur file, from info package find out the process type which suits your need to load file from app server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

TRansfer your files via FTP on your server in a specific folder.

Schedule you IP to load the file from the specified folder

PYG

Former Member
0 Kudos

do i need to write any routine or abap to schedule the data from files periodically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you got answer to your problem? I have same requirement where we want to automate the process of uploading the flat file into BI. Can you please shed some light if you have achieved any thing in this regard.

Thanking in advance

SR