Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto submit jobs without any manual intervention

abhishek_singh29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We got an epic requirement to auto submit the jobs without manual intervention or Submit the job first time (either with Submit frame)

e.g. We want to run a job A at 22:00 Monday - Sunday but user want to submit the jobs manually with submit frame. We have been asked to do the configuration so it will always auto submit the jobs. I have no idea about what will the best way to do it.

Could you please advice does can we do it-

1) With calender, time window or submit frame.

2) Triggers

3) With Redwood scripts

What is best way doing it and what is limitation and disadvantage doing it (if any advantages also please let me know, the whole idea behind this that they don't operator to submit any jobs)

Many thanks,

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can Import Jobs using the regular import mechanism to submit them.

Regards Gerben

abhishek_singh29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben

Thanks for your reply..

Actually, We have set of jobs chain A,B and C which will be running from Monday to Sunday say 22:00 GMT. Now, Business Dont want us to submit the jobs through Submit wizard by Submit frame.

They want to create a script, trigger  or do some configuration in a job chain so all jobs automatically submit at 22:00 Mon - Sun. They don't want at all to submit this jobs first times also (like it was done in CA7 as i was told not sure how it done in CA7 also).

I know its not a good idea, but is it possible to do it in redwood?

Regards,

Abhishek

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you are probably aware of: the distinction between definitions and the planning of the definitions is separated in Redwood, as in all types of other tools (SAP SM37, Unix cron, and also CA7) these two are combined. So if you setup WHAT you want to run, you also directly specify WHEN it should run.

Obviously there is something to say for both.

My answer still stays the same: you can use the import mechanism to do the initial submit, you can package the job submit together with the definition in the same car file if you want.

Regards Gerben

abhishek_singh29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for you help Gerben... I will use the import mechanism.

Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (0)