cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Logoff & Logon Ticket Expiry?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one please help in getting correct clarifications on the following points.

1. Is there any way we can achieve the Auto Logoff Facility from Browser ( as it Works like in the SAP GUI ). I know this feature is not available in EP 5.0

2. Do we need to do any Standard Maintenance Jobs For the Portal Data Base as like we do for R/3 Database?

If these Jobs Fails, If we need to alert the administrators through Portal, Is it Possible, if so Which feature we need to enable.

3. If the Logon Ticket ( If we make expiry time as 30 Minutes) Expires, After the expiry when we try to access R/3 wether it will prompt for the userid / password or not? ( This one i am testing ). If any one knows the exact behaviour please let me know.

4. If we Use the NTLM authentication for Portal, Is there any restrictions available for the Client PC OS and Etc.

Please Help me in Clarifying these Questions, I am going through all the Documentation Available with me and also help.sap.com.

Thanks & Regards

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. No this feature still hasn't been implemented.

2. I don't think so. We don't have any running.

3. Yes. The Portal ticket has a time stamp on it that says how long it is valid for. After that period has passed you will be prompted to log in to either the portal or r3 depending on what you are trying to access at the moment the ticket expires.

4. I don't know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the fast reply.

For the 3 rd Answer, I need some more clarification if possible.

When the Logon ticket validity expires (we have set it as 30 minutes ). When this time validates, If i access the Welcome page of the Portal ( Where there is no R/3 Communication) at this moment will it ask for the Password of the Portal System ( LDAP User id and Password ) or will it not prompt for any user id.

Suppose at that time if i access the R/3 Transaction, I guess it will prompt for the R/3 System USer id and Password?

Is my Guess is Right?

Thanks & Regards

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more doubt.

Is it Possible to enable the NTLM Authentication for certain group of Users and for Certain Group it should prompt for the USer id and Passwrord.

Thanks & Regards

Sumanth

Points will be Awarded -:)