cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Variable values in BEX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a report with an authorization object (for example 0COUNTRY) restricted to an authorization variable.

The object restricts the report according to the user's role. I want a user, with multiple country authorization, to be able to run the report on a few countries that he is authorized to see. For example he is authorized to see US DE FR & CH, and wants to run the report on DE & FR.

So, I created the authorization variable "Ready for Input", but now when the user runs the report he <b>can insert</b> other values but when he click on the options he can choose from (F4),<b>he can't see the texts</b> (DE - Germany, FR - France) and he gets the message:

<b>"BRAIN655 - No values available or not authorized to display"</b>

Full points for the answer promised.

Many thanks, Yaniv.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yaniv,

which version of BW you're using now? If 7.0 you can use RSECADMIN ( reporting authorizations) , before that go to RSD1 and click 0country as authorization relevant and goto RSECADMIN and include 0country to your users or roles and restrict there with values US DE FR & CH . In query definition create simple var for selection, when user click to F4 he will see only US DE FR & CH.

Sarhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've done these steps when I createted this object long ago. I have no problem with the authorization itself. it works great.

You are right, the selection option window shows the values US DE FR & CH, but I want the user to see the description also (when pressing F4) so he will be able to tell which countries to choose . that is when the message pops up.

<b>It is like the user does not have the authorization to view the 0COUNTRY values and their texts</b>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see Yaniv,

Did you load the 0country texts from R3? ( It might be a silly question, but I want to warn you only) or in cube or ODS do you have values in 0country?

Also please check with RSD1 0country bex related settings.

Sarhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

At this point I don't consider anything to be silly...

The texts are loaded from the R/3. and 0COUNTRY is loaded to the cube as 'Master data of' 0CUSTOMER. The 0COUNTRY (loaded from 0CUSTOMER MD) defines the authorizations for this cube.

Yainv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems you did evey step taht you should do.

If it's possible try to run the same query with a user that has Sap_all and Sap_new authorization just to check it is authorization relevant or not. If it runs with this authorized user properly, then try rsecadmin's log run option to analyze the authorization requirements.

Hope helps,

Sarhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

I have SAP_ALL and I don't have this problem, that is why I know it is an authorization issue. We are working on 3.5 and there is no RSECADMIN transaction (but there is a program with the same name that is run from transaction SECSTO)

Yaniv B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yaniv,

try to run the query on BW server not in Bex. Use SU53 or try RSSU53

sarhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the type of variable that you have created, if it is not a select option, then change it to select option and try.