cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authority to ProfitCenter 1000 and #

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We've the authority system of BW 3.5. We want to give an user access to Profitcenter 1000 and ProfitCenter # (not assigned).

In ta rssm I generated different profiles

- first the user get PC 1000 -> it works fine

- with PC 1000 and PC # -> only the data of PC 1000 are displayed

Do anyone know a combination for displaying data of PC 1000 and PC #

Thanks Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there Thomas,

You've created an authorization object for PC in RSSM right?

With the old authorization concept the system behaves like intersection.

Go to pfcg and create an authorization with the object for PC. In there put the values 1000 and #.

Generate the role and test it.

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diogo,

I tried your suggestion. Unfornuately there was the same result I described in my question.

If you have further ideas, please let me know

Thanks Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Did you check also in transaction RSSM for that InfoProvider that the new object for PC is marked?

Also create a query over that InfoProvider with the PC in the rows restricted by an authorization value ready for input but not mandatory to see when you execute without selecting nothing what are the values the system presents. And when you execute entering the values 1000, # or both you don't have lack of authorization. If don't have that message it means you're authorized to the values.

Also check if in the InfoProvider you have in fact the value #. If not you're probably authorized to the values but they don't exist in the InfoProvider.

Also you can check in transaction st01 a trace for the authorizations.

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diogo,

I'm so sorry. The problem is solved.

The cause was the definition of the variable.

It was defined with intervall and I didn't know that there is only ONE intervall possible.

I build a new variable with selection-option and all works fine.

Thanks for your support.

Thanks a lot, Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Glad I could be of any help.

Regards,

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any restrictions on '#' values in query level ? once check that, otherwise go for workbook and design how do you want to show the report to the user. And assign that workbook under his role.

Regards

Pcrao.