cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aumming fields based on other fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an inventory database with a quantity on hand field. This field holds information pertaining to each store's location and the warehouse. The inventory application will show quantity on hand throught the organization, but it is a calculated field so I can't just drop it in my report. So, I am trying to figure out how to create a formula to add up the quantity on hand at the store locations selected for the report. So, if I select Stores 1, 2, 3, and the stores have 5, 10, and 15 widgets respectively, I would like to show quantity on hand of 30. To make things even more complicated, I would like to add in my warehouse to quantity on hand or put in a seperate field on the report.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know I can group by item, then group by store and do a sum of qty on hand and get what I need. But some other grouping I am doing is getting in the way, so I think a formula is the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a whole host of ways to handle this...

The most straight forward is to return all of the records from the database, use record selection to select only those stores desired, then using the SUM() function to add them up (after grouping by part number).

If the warehouse is treated like another store (like it is in our systems), then nothing special needs to be done. Otherwise, you'd have to do something similar for the warehouse quantities, pulling them from where ever they reside.

HTH,

Carl

Answers (0)