cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auditing Scheduled Reports and the Prompts used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'd really appreciate any help you can provide regarding using the audit universe to review scheduled reports and the prompts they're running against.

So far we've created a report using the audit universe which returns data on all our scheduled reports (both successes and failures). However, in order to add extra insight we need to know which prompts these failed reports are running against. All our attempts to add this information so far haven't worked.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so what needs to be included in the query and report?

We're currently running BO 4.1 SP5.

Many thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member205194
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Do let us know if you have any queries on the above.

Regards,

Monish

former_member205194
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Let us know if the above answers your query.

Regards,

Monish

former_member205194
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

When a report with prompts is run/scheduled, an entry in made in the Audit database.

Let me explain you with a small eg :

1) select EVENT_ID from ADS_EVENT where Object_ID = 'aaaa' and Event_Type_ID = '1004' and user_name = 'username' and Start_Time >='27-May-2016'

Above will return you with the event ids for each prompt (Event_type_id = 1004 is for a prompt event) for the report having CUID = 'aaaa' and run by the "username" user on 27th of May

Let us assume, that the report ran had 4 prompts, so we will have 4 rows returned. Let those event ids be - 1111, 2222, 3333, 4444

2) select * from ADS_EVENT_DETAIL where Event_ID in ('1111', '2222', '3333', '4444') and Event_Detail_Type_ID in (26,27)

When Event_Detail_Type_ID is 26, "Event_detail_value" column will contain the "Prompt name"

When Event_Detail_Type_ID is 27, "Event_detail_value" column will contain the "Prompt value"

3) after running the above queries, you will have result returned as follows :

Event_id     |     Event_Detail_ID      |     Event_Detail_type_ID      |     Event_Detail_Type

1111                    3                                   26                                             Select Year

1111                    4                                   27                                             2010

2222                   3                                   26                                             Select Month

2222                   4                                   27                                             Dec

3333                   3                                   26                                             Select region

3333                   4                                   27                                             Europe

4444                   3                                   26                                             Select category

4444                   4                                   27                                             ALL

Hope the above helps.

Also, kindly check the great article by Matthew Shaw, if you not already have.

http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/blog/2015/07/15/unlock-the-auditing-database-with-a-new-uni...

Regards,

Monish

former_member187093
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually, we can't find selected prompt value in Audit data :-(. I don't think there is way to add in audit and catch this data.

failed reports log file show what was the prompt value selected (history of the job via CMC or instance manger)

former_member187093
Participant
0 Kudos

this data is from CMC repository, not from audit

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if Audit holds the prompt information in the database. I would suggest try getting a confirmation from SAP on this this.