Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Auditing BPM Processes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is there a way to audit BPM processes in SAP CE? Lets say I have an approval process for vendors built in BPM. There are plenty of reasons why I may need to go back and show when and who approved a particular vendor. I think there are some other types of processes that may fall under some sort of regulatory requirement (ie: SOX) such as this as well.

Does anyone know how to do this? Is it possible to do this on an Ad Hoc basis? For example, could a business user given the appropriate security role go query some sort of log (the process manager doesn't seem to have this information) to get this information?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ch_loos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

BPM has a business log functionality which captures business process lifecycle events (e.g. task was executed) and also allows you the see the changes in the process context.

see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce72/helpdata/en/47/bf2ecb194c4fe19eb2a598ad0c8080/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethen,

I'm not sure whther the following will serve the purpose for you or not, however, would like you to take a look at it and check.

there is a way you can check the BPM Process instances for their status and for each of the tsaks in those processes for that matter.

In NWA->Performance and Availability Management->BPM Process Overview screen, you can see the 'The Number of Processes' section. There you'll be able to see the number of instances of processes with Error,Completed,In Progress etc. statuses. If you clicck the number you'll go to the screen with the list of the process instances with that statuses. e.g. If you click the number for 'Completed', you'll be shown the completed process instances. If you select any process from the list, at the bottom, you can see Details,Process Definition,Administrators,History(indicating status of each task and the processor who completed the task) and Context Dat( showing the values in different objects for the Process).

There is a button 'Show Releted Tasks' at the top. If you clcik this button for the selected process, you'll see the list of all the tasks for this process, showing the details such as LifeCycle Status, Task Instance Id, Process Instance ID,Start Time, Processor of the Task for each of those tasks. At the bottom part of the screen, you can see Details,Deadline,Owners,History,Context Data etc.

I guess, the Processors,Owners, History,Start Date etc. fields may serve the purpose for the auditor.

Regards,

Ajay