cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching Calender request to Send mail activity in LSO approval workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I developed a simple workflow for LSO approval. when manager approves, currently my workflow will send a mail to employee with some details in mail body.

My requirement is, along with existing mail, have to send a caleder request as '.ics' or '.vcs' file. i have code create a calender request in notepad. Now how can i create document before send mail activity and how can i convert it into said extensions(.vcs or .ics) and then how can i attach the same to send mail activity.

Please suggest.

This is similar to one of the earlier thread posted by Manikandan.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most probably you should send the caleder request with a separate step in your workflow - not with the email. So, just add a another step into your workflow after the the email sending step.

I am not sure about the actual code about how to do the calendar request. Have you checked the article "Sending Outlook Appointments and Meeting Requests Directly from ABAP Applications"? It might have something useful stuff.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b035a861-5f61-2c10-d086-c4dd779dd253

Regards,

Karri

Edited by: Karri Kemppi on May 18, 2010 7:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi karri kemppi,

Thanks for your reply. But my requirement will be, have to send the calender request along with the mail either as an attachment or a link.

Regards

Bhsakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, well create your own email sending logic with function SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1. This function takes attachments as an import (I have never tried it, but I am sure that it will work, and you should find examples). Then just use this logic inside a method/task that you will call from the workflow. (And get rid of the standard email sending step.)

You can either include your calendar request code to the above method before the mail sending part, or you can create that as a separate step in the workflow before the email sending and then give the attachment to the email sending method as parameter. Probably the first option is better.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri Kemppi,

Sorry in delayed reply, thanks for your reply. working on that, will let you know once its done.

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri kemppi,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion,i tried as mentioned by you.

I added piece of code in BO by creating a new method and attached the same in workflow activity.

for this code i refered the following link:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/SAPABAPtoOutlookCalendar+Entry.

Now am able to send calender request as mail attachment. But am facing issue with timings, dynamically its adding +5.30 hrs to the starttime and endtime. please suggest what needs to be done for this.

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Great that you got it working. I have no idea how to solve this. I assume that the problem is with the system time zone & user default time zone. Maybe they are different, and you should take care of that when you create the calendar request (or when you send it). Try to play around with those.

Regards,

Karri