Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATC Central Remote Server - Roadmap

john_fitzgerald
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi fellow developers,

I have a question on the ATC Roadmap in the scenario of a Central Remote Check Setup.

A minumum of NW 7.51/7.52 is required when we must use it for remote checks for say an S/4HANA Readiness assesment. If we look at the roadmap for NW 7.52, its standard support is till the year 2027 after which S/4 Foundation is the successor. However, S/4 Foundation can only be used in conjuction with a license like S/4HANA. 

So my question is, what is the future of the ATC as a remote stand alone system? Are we supposed to move to ATC on BTP if we want such a setup? Or merge it with a system which has S/4HANA?

@OlgaDolinskaja  / @thomas_jung your views would be appreciated here. 

Regards,

J.

View Entire Topic
john_fitzgerald
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks @OlgaDolinskaja , the roadmap is now clear to me.

One last point. In the event that we continue with ATC as Central  onpremise which must eventually be on S/4 Foundation, does the installation need to have other add on licenses like S/4HANA to be allowed at all?

I read in the documentation on S/4 Foundation that it is only allowed in conjunction with an ABAP add-on?

I ask this as currently NW 7.52 has no such restriction. This made having a separate NW 7.52 system only for central ATC easier (from a license perspective).

Regards,

J

OlgaDolinskaja
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi John,

yes, customers with a developer license for at least one of the respective add-ons listed in the relative release SAP Note for SAP S/4HANA Foundation can setup there an ABAP Test Cockpit hub for remote checks.

Kind Regards,
Olga.