cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynchronus RFC exception handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have scenario File-XI-RFC.I have created an RFC enabled FM in R/3 and raising an exception if some errors occurs.I want that exception should be visible in sxmb_moni when RFC raises that exception.I am not using

BPM.How can I use Fault message for this in my scenario.

Any help will be appericiated.

Thanx

Rekha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

have you seen this thread:

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I have seen that thread.It seems similar to my scenario except I dont have to send the response back.I want to have that fault message in SXMB_moni for monitoring.

How I will achive the step3 in my case.

This is my scenario.

Outboundinterface-FILEMI "To pick data from file

Inboundinterface - ZRFC_TST.

>>Step3: In interface mapping with target interface as ZRFC_Tst you will have to do three mappings

>>3.1 Request

This is ok I will map my FILEMI - ZRFC_tst.

>>3.2 Response : map result

What will be my source and target interface?

>>3.3 Fault

>>map zrfc_tst.Exception to FaultMessage

What will be my source and target interface?

How will I handle these three interface mapping in Interface determination in configuration?I dont have to send back response and exception back to any system.Instead I will keep them in monitoring.

I can see this in sap help for fault message type but how we will achieve it.

The fault message of the application for an asynchronous inbound interface is persisted for monitoring.

Thanx for the reply and hope to hear from you on this.

Rekha.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

but receive step can beyou last step of your BPM,

you don'thave to send it anywhere else

but I don't know if you can use it with async RFC

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I am not using BPM.

Thanx

Rekha

i018841
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

The simplest way is to generate and XSD of the response structure of your RFC_TST. Then create a mapping for the response structure.

Configure and include this response mapping in your Interface mapping. But take note that your MI of the FILEMI->RFC must be synchronous so that in your IM, you will see a response.

Later over at Integration Directory, configure a file adapter receiver. You can just dump this response file into a temp directory or something.

If you configure as above, you should be able to see the response log in the SXMB_MONI.

Hope the above answer your query.