cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Queries and workbooks to user roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I was hoping that someone could explain, how the queries, workbooks and Web Templates can be assigned to roles.

What are the steps involved in creating the roles and assigning the queries.

How are these reports accessed by the users (by URLs or through SAP GUI) If I would want to use the URLs to access them, how do I open the workbooks?

I seem to have a lot of questions, hope to find answers to a few of them.

Thanks,

Doniv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Doniv,

Queries, workbooks and web templates can be assigned to roles during the time that they are being saved. The assignment can also take place in PFCG > role. These kind of roles are usually basic placeholders that are assigned to different users as per requirements. This ensures that the usersa can see only those objects which are on the roles assigned to them.

The workbooks are not accessed by a URL in the internet explorer, they are accessed in the BEx Analyser.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Thanks for the response. I am trying to understand, how the users access the reports in general? Is it a common practice that they log into the SAP BW GUI and access the reports from the menu on the left side or are they given access to the URLs (or is there any other way to do it?).

My client prefers not to have the users to have to go to the SAP GUI. what are the options I could have?

Thanks,

Doniv

Answers (0)