cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning a datasource for a TREX index

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to create an index to search an internal web site at my company. I've created a web crawler, a web repository and other necessary items. Following the instructions I have to create the index, I need to set the data source of the index to the web repository I created earlier. However, when I try to do this I'm presented with a list of directories. Presumably my repository is listed somewhere in this directory tree. But I have no idea. Am I doing something wrong? Which directory should I look in to find my repository?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Can you please tell me how you created a web crawler. I tried using the standard crawler but the crawler does not crawl the documents.

Thanks in advance.

Janvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, I followed the instructions in the EP300 class, chapter 5, exercise 16. Essentially, that means:

1. I went to sys admin -> sys config -> KM config -> content mgmt -> global services -> crawler profile.

2. Selected the webindex crawler and clicked 'Duplicate'.

D021954
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

you should find the repository in your /root directory.

In case you can't find it might helpfull to have a look into your Component Monitor:

System Administration -> Monitoring -> Knowledge Management -> Component Monitor -> Repository Managers

Maybe errors are listed in here.

Regards Matthias Röbig-Landau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brent and Mathias, thanks for your info. However, my repository is not listed at the /root level as you indicated Brent, and is not listed (at least at the root level) in the repository manager monitor as you indicated Mathias.

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Check the root directory of your Repository Manager Configuration and then check the Component Monitor under the same location.

Regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash, either my repository is not where it's supposed to be or I'm clueless. Please forgive my ignorance but I don't know where to look in EP for either of the locations you've listed. Could you please provde step-by-step instructions about how to check these two locations.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

For Repository Manager Configuration

Go to System Administration->System Configuration->Knowledge Management->Content Management->Repository Managers->WebRepository Managers

View your Repository Manager properties. Check the property root directory.

For Component Monitor

Go to System Administration->System Configuration->Monitoring->Knowledge Management->Component Monitor.

Regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash, I checked the Repository Manager Configuration and couldn't find a 'root directory' property per se. I did find a 'Prefix' property set to /fdo in my case. However there is no directory listed at the root level under Monitoring nor when I try to set the indexes datasource.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, the repository should be listed when you click on ADD for data sources. Try scrolling to the very bottom, or hitting next to go to the next page (depending on how many folders you have). It may look like one web page file at the bottom of that root directory.