cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Role to TASK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have copied standard task TS20000159 to custom namespace to release PR and defined as a general task.This allows everybody to release the PR.

I am maintaing a custom table to determine the Agents/Approvers when ever they changed.

I have 5 test roles created & assigned release codes to it.

In Agent assinment instead of assigning userid's would like to assign role to it.

The users who are assigned to that role should be able to Release the PR.

I was not able to assign role to Task -> Additional data -> Agent Assignment -> Maintain -> Create agent assignment -> selected role but it's not displaying the roles available in the client.

How do i assign role to a task!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. When I write in the exact name of the role, it does attach the role to the task. However this still means the search help is not bringing up the role. Did anyone figure out why? I'm about to log in an OSS note.

Thanks,

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indira,

It seems to be an authorization problem. You can also create a customized rule where you can assign the role in actor tab with OTYPE = AG Role. This rule can be assigned to the task under Default Rules(Agent (Default Rule)).

Regards,

Vaishali.

Edited by: Vaishali Rautray on Nov 4, 2009 8:17 AM

Edited by: Vaishali Rautray on Nov 4, 2009 8:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got the same problem. It seems like no Role can be found. However, when you select (type in) the exact name of the role it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am sorry if I am wrong.

but I am just wondering that whether you are talking about roles we create in PFAC or security roles.

If this is something like a wf role (PFAC) then you can assign the roles under control tab of the step. under agents select ROLE and give your role number on right hand side.

after that you cllick on the agent assignment button and do the agent assignment. you can select general task.

Cheers

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indira,

sound like you lack structural authrization. Ask the ones responsible or grant it to your self using SM31 table T77UA.

Hope it helps

Kind regards

Mikkel