cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASP.NET WebPage using CrystalReportViewer Export this report contains page's html tags in output

pguss_sri
Participant
0 Kudos

We have an ASP.NET Framework 4.6.2 Web Application using Assembly CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.4000.0.
When you use Export this report button the created file (CSV, Excel, etc.) has the page's html tags in the output.
I have reproduced this bug in versions: CR for Visual Studio SP31 and SP30.
Note: This was working in prior versions: CR for Visual Studio SP26 through SP29.
I have attached the output as CSV: crystalreportviewer1.txt
I can upload a zipped Visual Studio 2019 Tester solution that clearly shows the issue just let me know where is do so.

former_member751591
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. Since you're asking a question here for the first time, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with Community Q&A , as it provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members.

For example, you can:

- outline what steps you took to find answers (and why they weren't helpful)

- share screenshots of what you've seen/done

- make sure you've applied the appropriate tags

- use a more descriptive subject line.

The more details you provide, the more likely it is that members will be able to respond. Feel free to also take our Q&A tutorial Q&A tutorial

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.

By adding a picture to your Profile you encourage readers to respond.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the app, FYI we don't support those Nuget packages, please don't use them. I could build your project because somewhere in the project you are using those references.

All I wanted was the report to see if anything unique in it, no data source so it's about as basic as you can get.

And sorry, I could have used any report.

I can duplicate the issue, works fine when exporting from CR Designer.

I'll escalate it and get it fixed in SP 32

KBA - 3107956 - Exporting to CSV from WEB Viewer includes HTML tags in Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP 30 and SP 31

Incident number: 733638/2021 / Exporting to CSV includes HTML tags in Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP 30 and SP 31 /

Thanks again

Don

pguss_sri
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Don. I'll re-test when SP32 is out.
FYI, Visual Studio 2019 by default adds those Nuget packages when creating an ASP.NET Web App.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Preview the report with dummy data and save it or export to RPT format, zip the report and change the extension to .txt and then you can attach the report.

I'll test it when I get it, could be something in the report causing it.

Don

pguss_sri
Participant
0 Kudos

Don, I have attached a zip as a txt that has a full testing solution crystalreportviewertester.txt including a Test.rpt

pguss_sri
Participant
0 Kudos

FYI, I don't think it is the data in the report, because it happens with all of our reports on multiple different site (inhouse and customers) in SP30 and SP31.