cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appropriation Request - Workflow Substitute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I´m trying to solve a problem with BUS2104 standard workflow.

The list of partners have at least 2 users. But, usually, it has around 5. The forth approver has a workflow substitute and when the substitute approve the request, the workflow is getting closed and the last one is not being able to do his own approval.

Has anyone seen this situation? Is there really some incompatible behavior for the workflow substitute in this WS00300022 workflow?

Thank you in advance.

Cibele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

--> The forth approver has a workflow substitute and when the substitute approve the request, the workflow is getting closed and the last one is not being able to do his own approval.

Hi- can you tell us, is the workflow status got completed after fourth approver approves (in 5 approver case). If yes, do you mentioned any excluded agents in WF and is this 5th approver is getting excluded any where?

Does it happened only to certain approvers or for all?

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth

The workflow get the completed status after the foourth approver. I realized it occurs always to the same approver, but not everytime (!). When the appropriation request is related to a PEP element the workflow always performs correctly. Otherwise, if is related to an internal order, it occurs, but not always.

I´m still investigating and will come here when a (or someone) get the solution.

Than you!

Cibele

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The workflow get the completed status after the foourth approve

Could you check in the workflow log and is the log shows all the 5 approvers?, If yes, is the 5th approver has been mentioned as an excluded approver any where, can you check this

Vinoth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has the substitute is from the same level in the organization as the approver?

I mean, he should carry all the roles and authorizations that approver has.

If he doesn't, then the workflow will go into inconsistencies.

Please check it.

Cheers,

Raja.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja.D

Yes. The fourth approver has the same access functions as the fifth one. They are at the same organization level.

Thank you.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"The fourth approver has the same access functions as the fifth one. They are at the same organization level."

This doesn't necessarily mean they have the same authorizations.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Rick suggested above, take help of any basis guys and get the difference in roles between substitute and approver.

Then check out the missing roles.

From my experience, you can trace out your issue from the workflow log and graphical log that how the flow went.

In your workflow, it should decrease the level after one approves it.

Check the level and approver list after substitute approves it.

Cheers,

Raja.D

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello !

You face this problem if the appropriation request is related to an internal order.

What does the workflow log states ? Also, please be noted that BUS2104 is obsolete since SAP R/3 4.6C release.

So, I suggest you to find suitable business object or ABAP class for your scenario rather than using BUS2104.

Regards,

S.Suresh