cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying SearchComponents and SearchOptionSets to Search iViews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'd really appreciate some help on this one. I've created a custom SearchComponent, SearchOptionSet, and SearchResultSet with the hopes of applying them to a KM Search iView. But I can't find any documentation on how to apply them. So I choose the blanks where I thought they should go.

These are my settings:

Configuration of Search Components=mySearchComponent

Configuration of Search Screen=mySearchOptionSet

Search Result Layout Set=mySearchResultSet

query=ConfigFileName=Navigation.xml&StartPage=SearchPage&Validate=false&ResourceListType=com.sapportals.wcm.SearchResultList&SearchType=ctrlpers

When I Preview the iView I don't get the desired results. Most notably my SearchOptionSet never seems to take effect. I've included the query value, because I have a strange feeling that it might have the power to overwrite the other settings? Or allow alternate way to apply the values? Through Params and possibly the ConfigFile. Can anyone confirm this hunch?

Any help/insight/links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Just append the following in the query

&SearchPluginName=mySearchComponent&SearchComponentName=mySearchOptionSet&rndLayoutSet=mySearchResultSet

So the query will look like

query=ConfigFileName=Navigation.xml&StartPage=SearchPage&Validate=false&ResourceListType=com.sapportals.wcm.SearchResultList&SearchType=ctrlpers&SearchPluginName=mySearchComponent&SearchComponentName=mySearchOptionSet&rndLayoutSet=mySearchResultSet

Regards

Prakash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakash,

After updating the query should I remove the values from the other fields I had put them in?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

In what fields you have put the values.

You could try with them first and then you could try by removing them.

Regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

1)I have changed my query to one you specified above, but this doesn't seem to work. While in my previous setup the OptionSet was ignored but the ComponentSet was applied. With the query only setup both the are ignored.

2)&SearchcomponentName=mySearchOptionSet

(The naming here seems to be counter-intuitive is this a typo on your part or should the optionSet really be assigned to the SearchComponentName field?)

3)Do you know of anywhere I can find documentation for syntax of the query?

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

If you created a KM Search iview you will get three properties in the iview.

Search Component Set

Search Option Set

Search Result Layout Set

You can assign them with your values.

Regards

Prakash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turned out to be a cache/object problem. I deleted the iView and the recreated it.

With the fresh iView I was able to apply the Search Component Set, Search Option Set and Search Result Layout Set objects via their respective text fields and/or by passing them as parameters in the url textfield of the iView.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Good I am happy to be able to help you.

Regards

Prakash