cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Sharing only one direction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we are trying to configurate our application sharing (EP6.0 SPS 17)and have tested it with three users.

One user is sessionleader who shares the application and another one the participant. It works fine during the half of the tests and you can see the application. In the another cases you just see a grey or white background next to the content and message window instead of the application.

User 1 sessionleader, User 2 participant: doesn't work

User 1 sessionleader, User 3 participant: doesn't work

User 2 sessionleader, User 1 participant: works

User 2 sessionleader, User 3 participant: doesn't work

User 3 sessionleader, User 1 participant: works

User 3 sessionleader, User 2 participant: works

We have checked our Active X settings and everyone has got an Active X- Control File:

User 1: ExpApplSelect

User 2: ExpBaseNegotiator

User 3: ExpBaseNegotiator

Has anyone any idea? Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Thomas

Message was edited by: Thomas Lademann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

one thing you could try: add a ClusterLogonGroupName in the configuration of ApplicationSharing. Just enter anything different from 'undefined' even if you don't have a ClusterLogonGroup. It helped for me...

Kind regards

Karin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karin, dear Tsaffy,

first of all, thank you for your answer.

By a fluke I found the solution of our problem. First

I tried karin's suggestion out but it still doesn't work and we were only able to share in one direction.

But then I found the following article at the online help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/cc3541afe5db2be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm , there you can read, that the 'Sharer Machine’s Screen Resolution' should not be configured to a resolution higher than: 1024*768.

We all have Notebooks with 1680*1050. ´

If I change the screen resolution, it works.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

If you have a cluster environment there are some configurations adjustments you might have to follow, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6d/41e74196d8c517e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

If it doesn't help, please open a CSN message so we could investigate the problem more thoroughly (CSN component should be "EP-PIN-RTC")

Kind Regards,

Tsaffy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, did you solved your problem?

We have something similar in here.

Kind Regards,

Gerardo J