cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application iViews - cannot create

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have SuperAdmin and JavaDeveloper Roles in Portal.

Until yesterday I could create iViews from PAR Files. Now it seems that when I upload a new par file it is not becoming available in the Portal Archive Selection wizard. It is in the Browse Directory but won't show up here.

Also I was trying to create an iView from a Web Dynpro application. The iView window shows the Available Web Dynpro Applications and Varients. I selected my NameSpace->Project->Application->App. At this point I have no more dropdown buttons so I clicked "Next" but get a message stating

Select at least one application to continue

I am very confused as to what is going on and why I can no longer create an Application iView. Any tips or suggestions are appriciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Someone has been playing with permissions. Before you can create an iView from a PAR file you need read access to the application. Start the permissions editor (System Admin -> Permissions -> Applications) and check the par file in the list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip I thought the same thing but the assignments have not been modified. The application permissions are as follows:

Everyone->Read

super_admin_role->Owner

system_admin_role->Owner

These are the same permissions for the Applications I CAN see in the Portal Archive Selection wizard. If it matters the same user created and uploaded the par file but still cannot see it to create an iView.

I have super_admin_role so you would think I could create an iView from it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the PAR file isn't being uploaded successfully. Can you start the component directly? /irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/Par.component?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No but I get the same error if I try this using one that I can see. But good advice. I created a new Project from the original toplevelnavigation.par (called tln.par) uploaded it and I can see it in the Archive Viewer so it must be an issue with the application.

Now to figure out how to find out whats wrong - I usually create the iView and deciper the errors but I guess that method is out!!)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh - I thought I needed the option "Create one iView from each application view" to create an iView without creating a page but I guess I can just uncheck the box that prompts to "Open the Page Wizard to create a Web Dynpro page"

--this is what happens when you come to work sick and taking cold meds!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually do need to Create one iView from each application view - I drill down three Levels namespace->project name->application name->application(The application is in color but has an arrow next to it when I click the arrow it points down but nothing happens.)

I ensure the item is selected (click on left hand select button) and click next. At this point I am prompted to "Select at least one application view to continue".

I wish I could post a screenshot of what I am facing but any tips are appriciated.

Oh and I have also tried selecting application name and application as suggested by Bala (using ctl button) but get the same message.

Edited by: TA on Feb 25, 2009 8:11 PM

An interesting observation -> I have an iView I created this way a long time ago. I tried to copy it and paste it to a new folder but I get an error stating "Could not paste objects".

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this issue

Also I was trying to create an iView from a Web Dynpro application. The iView window shows the Available Web Dynpro Applications and Varients. I selected my NameSpace->Project->Application->App. At this point I have no more dropdown buttons so I clicked "Next" but get a message stating

Each Webdynpro application will appear as a folder when you try to create an iview.

you expand that folder fully and you will have 3 levels including the folder.select 2 and 3 levels and click on next

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip I did expand to the third level and the item was highlighted - so I thought it was "selected". Once I clicked on the box on the Left of the App file it works (I swear I did that before but maybe I am losing my mind). It does still only work if I select "Create a single full-page iView from each application variant"

When I select "Create one iView from each application Variant" it still doesn't work but I am OK with doing it the other way.