cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application in CAF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to this CAF. I have a requirement of using CAF in my project. What is the CAF how we can use.

In my project i have a requirement that to split the form in to diffrent parts. How i can do it and how the data should be maintained.Plz guide me regarding this.We are using Webdynpro's.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You can find details regarding CAF in [original link is broken] [original link is broken] in SAP help dcoumentation.

Regarding the requirement please explain in a bit more detail so that we can propose a solution.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi saha,

thank u for reply,

as we are going to implement sap for university the req was it was online addmission it is like this student fill the form and submit it and admission assist will check it and aprovel that and send it to second level like cource incharge and virse versa

can u sugeust me how to do like is it student form should be divide into many parts like personal data, education details.

thank u

Vijay

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

For clarity you can design the form to be divided into different sections like personal details, educational qualifications, etc. Now whether you'll physically separate the data in the form at the approval levels depends on whether the same person(approver) should check all the details or need to see all the details. If all the approvers need to see all the details the student fill up in form then keep it as a single form data at the approval steps as well. Otherwise uing parameter mapping you can separate the data into multiple forms and then assign those to different actions(approval steps). If you know the number of approvers at design time and if the approval steps are fixed then you can use sequential blocks and under that assign the approval actions. Otherwise if the number of approval steps are not fixed or you don't know it at design time then you can use per-conditional loop block/post-conditional loop block (if the approval steps are sequential) or parallel block/parallel dynamic block if the approval steps are simultaneous.

You can get lots of documentation and tutorials on each one of these in the CAF Tutorial Center @ SDN.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi saha,

thank u for reply,

her in our project we r not using a caf we r using webdynpro so who we can do it

thank u

with regards

vijai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi saha,

i think i need to correct in my above post that we a using caf but now our clint what it in webdynpro no more caf

thank u

regards

vijai

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Are you using Guided Procedure or not? If not then how are you setting up the workflow?

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the client backend is SAP HR, you should also explore the ESS & MSS package and see if you can extend it for your requirement.

Thanx,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar,

We are not using GPs. We are using throw Universal Work List.

for set up workflow can u also guide me how we can setup workflow

thank u,

vijai