Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Deployment CR XI R2 SP2 with Visual Studio 2005 SP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: kapaul1

CA Forum: Deployment

Hello !

We are programming windows applications, which are placed on a server. The clients are calling the exe-files from the server and they should be able to call some Crystal Reports by the applications.

Until recently I only had Visual Studio 2005 SP1. I made a Deployment project and enabled at requisites Crystal Reports.

The Deplyoment-Project installed at the clients and everything was ok.

Lately I bought Crystal Reports XI R2 Developer and installed it on my machine. I updated my programs and the rpt-files were changed from version 10.2 to 11.5.

But now I need new Crystal Reports runtime files.

When I create a new Deployment project I can enable "Crystal Reports XI" and install it at the clients (CrystalRedist115_x86.msi)

Everything is working fine,but:

1) At the client its shown as Crystal Reports Sever with a size about 240 MB

2) Without CR XI R2 (only VS 2005) it was shown as "Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0 (x86) with 35 MB

Why this big difference (over 200 MB)

I think this can´t be ok ?

240 MB only to call a report ???

Thanks

aaapaul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: ejthunder

Hi again,

It's called "server" because it's designed to deploy the runtime files onto a web server. Since the "server install" is interactive (prompts for keycode) it isn't designed to be deployed on hundreds of workstations for a windows deployment. It's not a "server" product - like CR Server - it's just a "web app server deployment."

EJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks EJ

I am wondering, when the CrystalRedist115_x86.msi is installed its named:

"Crystal Reports XI Release 2 .NET 2005 Server" ?

Why SERVER?

Best wishes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

BOBJ does not support manually deploying the CR XIR2 runtime files for VS2005 (or any other version of VS for that matter). I don't know if anyone has been able to do it, nor do I know the steps you could try.

EJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks EJ

Is it an option only to deploy the necessary dll-files, that reports can be viewed? Does this work at all?

paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

The runtime file size looks right. With CR.NET 2005 (the bundled edition) you're working with a free, bundled version that doesn't have all the files that the full versions have. CR XI and CR XI R2 are designed to work with BO Enterprise, etc., so the merge module size grows. This is the nature of a "one size fits all solution."

EJ