cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appgyver: how to stop REST API calls done automatically by Data Variables

cristiano_santos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all! After solve my situation with query parameters in REST API, I came across a new situation described here.

I perceived that when I define Data Variables from REST API Data resources, the app calls the webservice automatically each few seconds.

This is a problem when using free APIs with limited montly calls. I have already exceeded my limit because of this behavior.

How can I stop these "ping" calls? It only occurs when I define in the page Data Variables based on REST API.

MY DATA SOURCES

MY DATA VARIABLES

MULTIPLE API CALLS EACH FEW SECONDS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wojtekg
Explorer

Hi,

Check if this solves your problem.

Go to the data var. logic in Composer and remove the connection that after delay restarts the Get record collection flow function. Check the attached screen.

Data variables by default are created with logic that will constantly ask for new data from the source. You can change it by editing the logic of the Data var. You can also add the Receive event flow function in case you would like to trigger the data refresh anytime if I'm not mistaken.

cristiano_santos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi wojtek_g this solution worked fine to solve my problem! Thanks! I have finished my entry for the no code challenge! Now I will work in some details to post it!

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

cristiano.santos Please accept the answer if it solved problem and post your entry for contest

vikas_992001
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of data variable you can use Get collection record in your flow logic, it will restrict automatic call of data variable.

Regards

Vikas Gupta