cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append on extract structure generated from view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to append a structure on extraction structure that is generated from a view. In other words, I have a view which is created on two tables and generated data source. Then I have added more fields to the extraction structure through append structure. In the SMOD, I have written ABAP code to fill these fields. It is a full load no generic delta logic involved.

Now the question is, are the appended fields get filled correctly? Is this kind of generic extraction logic work? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Rao.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182346
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Definately it ll work.

If the added filed is from one of the table u r using for View, then performance wise u need to add it in the view, activate view, activate datasource.

But if it is coming from some other table, then definately u need to do the ABAP coding for enhancement of that field.

Even this ll work for 1st case too.

Thank-You

Regards,

Vinod

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation. I think it is working, when I tested in RSA3 it is bringing the right values. Thanks again.

Regards,

Rao.

mansi_dandavate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes its very well possible...

Just chk the values in RSA3 for the fields appended... YOu will surely get correct values there if your code is right...