cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not present in catalog provided by SAP

Hello everyone. I've an embedded S/4 HANA 1909 system. I was trying to configure this fiori app : Compliance Assessment - Product - Substance List Check (App ID F3235) but found that the standard app does not exist in the business and technical catalog mentioned in the fiori library. Both the catalogs only contain the target mappings.

I've tried to create a static tile and provide the intent but it does not make the app work. The app throws an error that the target mapping is not found even though the Launchpad designer says otherwise.

What should be my course of action here, if the app doesnt exist in the catalogs mentioned by SAP? Would be grateful for your help. Thank you.

Edit : Adding link to the post - Compliance Assessment - Product - Substance List Check (App ID F3235)

gregorw
Active Contributor

Would be a great service to others that want to help you when you link directly to the Fiori Apps Library: Compliance Assessment - Product - Substance List Check (App ID F3235)

GregMalewski
Contributor
0 Kudos

https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps('F3235')/S15OP

to be precise 😉, as the link contains a version which in this case is 1990 (S15OP in URL).

almastro23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm facing the same issue.

We are upgrading from hub 1709 FPS02 to embedded 2021 FSP01.

We already reviewed the standard checklist of probable reasons. For instance, there is no an Outdated issue, neither a TM only App (SAP Fiori Apps Reference Library (ondemand.com)).

Actually, from /UI2/FLP_CONF transaction the entry is shown as Tile + TM, but from the web based Fiori Designer, I can see the TM entry but the Tile entry looks something like 00O2TPKTQNBJCF93S8K7ZFNTQ

I'd appreciate any single bit of a tip...

Thank you and regards

almastro23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry, I meant
SAP Fiori Apps Reference Library (ondemand.com)

and /UI2/FLP_CONF (and also /UI2/FLP_CUST)

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GregMalewski
Contributor

Hi Kaustubh,

It's hard to tell as there might be different reasons but here are some that I would start with.

As per Fiori library documentation this app might be not available for direct start from Fiori launchpad as there is no "App Launcher(s)" section in "Implementation" > "Technical Configuration" tab. It might be one of those started indirectly from other apps.

Also, note that since October 2019 instead of activation of individual apps, SAP recommends starting with selecting business roles from the standard set. The standard set of roles serves as a template and a starting point for the implementation project which you can later customize.

You might also try: /n/UI2/APPDESCR_GET /UI2/GET_APP_DESCR_REMOTE_DEV as described in Gerd's Forstmann blog

Let me know if it helped.

Regards

Greg

0 Kudos

I agree, I noticed it after you mentioned that it doesn’t have an app launcher in the configuration section and the screenshot which SAP has provided for that app is of the app ‘Assess Compliance Requirements - For Products’. I’ve raised an OSS note for the same for clarification but your answer helped massively. Thank you, I’ll let you know if there’s an update.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Kaustubh,

Greg is correct.

When there is a TM only it often means the app is only available via a navigation from another app or a launchpad feature.

In this case you can see in the Fiori apps library > Related apps tab, that app F3235 is a navigation target of F4364. That is, it is accessed from a link or button within app F4364 Analyze Marketability Assessments - reference below

https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps('F4364')/S24OP

You can of course always create a tile in a custom business catalog to go directly to the app F3235. This will usually work well enough.

However you should remember that as this is part of a licenced solution capability, it's not going to do very much unless you have turned on that solution capability and configured it. So check the app documentation carefully!

P.s. We don't recommend using Launchpad Designer anymore (not since 1709) ... it's very hard to see the relationships between apps and catalogs in there. The Launchpad Content Manager and Launchpad App Manager are much more reliable and give a much clearer view of the relationships between apps and catalogs. For instance I can go to /UI2/FLPCM_CUST > Tiles and Target Mappings tab > search on F3235 and see all the catalogs (business and technical) that app is in, check their usage in business roles, etc. In there I could see that only a very few of the apps in that catalog have tiles - so those are the entry points, and the other apps are navigated to from there.

WouterLemaire
        Active Contributor
        0 Kudos

Have you checked the catalog as well on client level as on cross level? I mean transaction /n/ui2/flpd_cust vs /n/ui2/flpd_conf or /n/ui2/flpcm_cust vs /n/ui2/flpcm_conf ?

We had similar situation and we found the tile only in the technical catalog on conf level.

Hope it helps!

0 Kudos

Good point. I checked, unfortunately it’s missing from both Cust and Conf.