cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APD Extraction to CSV with header - txts and quotes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an APD extracting data to a CSV file, with the header text option enabled. Suddenly (after several SPs) I'm getting undesired quotes in the header line. It appears that the IObj description is being written as well.

There have been no changes to the APD itself.

Previously (Desired state):

DATE:0TXTMD;TM:0TXTMD

NOW:

"""Date"""DATE:0TXTMD;"""Time"""TM:0TXTMD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem now. Do we have any solution for it? Thank you! Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Noticed your post as we had this requirement recently. Researching the issue I didn't find any way to get the APD to produce the correct headers, so in the end I turned to ABAP. To do this I produced the file with no header, then used an ABAP program to reread the file and add the header line.

Sorry it's not the easy solution you were looking for and would recommend you research further.

Regards,
Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure but looks like if you have used query in APD then some one has enable the text for those objects as well.

previously it might be "Key" only now its "Key and Text".

If assumption is not correct then Kindly Let us know your APD design detail.

Regards,

Ashish

0 Kudos

Ashish, I agree, that's how it appears. But that's not what the APD is doing. I'm seeing this behavior when pulling data straight from a DSO - there's now BEx query involved!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish, I agree, that's how it appears. But that's not what the APD is doing. I'm seeing this behavior when pulling data straight from a DSO - there's now BEx query involved!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you cannot access with quotes as CSV ..it uses separator to display ..you see whether have you mentioned

' " ' as a separator in your load options..

Better remove the quote or try changing the option and try load it again.