cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous access for news

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am implementing EFP. I have created xml form news and assinged to anonymous access. This iview assinged to role. Now the news iview display properly but when i click on the news items it asking authentication for evey time. How can i avoid this...

Regards,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

by default the xmlformpreview-servlet which is used to display your news is not accessible for anonymous users. Try this:

- Create an iview in the pcd (any locaation) from par com.sap.km.cm.par and component xmlformpreview

- set the authentication scheme to anonymous

- give anonymous users permissions in the permission configuration of the iView

- open the iView in Preview Mode and copy the url of the iview from /irj on (something like /irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fxmlformpreview)

- Go to System Administration --> System Configuration --> Knowledge Management --> Content Mangagement --> Global Services (switch to advanced mode here) --> URL Generator service: set the iView-URL as the value of the "Preview Servlet" --> save

- test it

Regards,

Norbert

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

did you implement note 837898?

If not the standard km-iViews are not set to anonymous:

Open the PCD Editor as Content Administrator: Content Administration > Portal Content > Portal Content > Portal Users > Standard Portal Users > Standard User Role > Open > Object

a) Navigate to Home (note the tooltip "com.sap.km. home_ws") > Hidden > URL Access.

b) Open all contained iViews (Basic Search, Details, Document, Highlighted Content) for editing

c) Select the property category "Advanced"

d) Change the property "Authentication Scheme" to "anonymous"

e) Save the changes.

Regards,

Norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Try this.

Go to the frame work page assigned to the annomous user.

change property authentication scheam to anonymous for the iview where u r displaying the news.

Secondly,

Check wether the KM folder where the news items are stored, has anonymous access or not.

Mr.Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chowdary and Frank

I have tried all the ideas which is gave me, but no changes, same thing happen.

Regards,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

My news open in default framework page and default iviews without asking user name and password. But i am using customized framework page, masthead, detailed navigation iviews, thats why it asking authetication. Any idea about this..

Regards,

Kumar.

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this

Open News iView - goto Property Category drop list menu -Choose Authentication Scheme -- give anonymous.

Regards

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response..

I have customized all the parts of portal, like Framework page layouts, masthead, top level, detailed navigation based on Light weight par file....

To Koti,

I have done the permission abovw mensioned..

To Krishna,

I have done Authentication Scheme = anonymous

But no use, any other suggestions....

Regards,

Kumar....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to give permision to Everyone group, all users including anonymous users are present in this group.

Koti Reddy