cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analyzing existing Authorization - InfoProvider relation in 3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys!

I am still working on a concept to migrate report athorization in 3.5 to analysis authorization in 7.0.

At the moment, I am struggling to find a way to analyze existing authorizations, in terms of access on InfoProviders.

In the new analysis authorization, we plan to use the special dimension 0TCAIPROV to restrict access of an authorization object.

However, to migrate our existing authorizations, we therefore need to know on which InfoProvider an authorization has access to.

Do you know any "easy" way to identify the InfoProvider, an authorization has access on?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

Edited by: t.braml on Sep 9, 2009 12:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gaurav_kothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have a list of current authorization objects, Then goto the table RSSTOBJDIR give your auth object name, And you will get a list of InfoProviders affected by this with an 'X' in the field Check Active.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey!

Thanks for your answer.

Can you tell me how I get to the table RSSTOBJDIR.

Considering your suggestion, do I get the information in which InfoProvider the authorization relevant InfoObjects are that are used within an authorization?

Cheers,

Tobias

gaurav_kothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to goto T-Code SE16, Give the table name RSSTOBJDIR and press enter. Once done, in the next screen, give the name of the Authorization Object in the field "Object", and give 'X' in the field Check Active.

you will get a list of all the InfoProviders for which this Authorization Object is active.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav!

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your effort. The provided information helped me to access the table RSSTOBJDIR and to display the list of InfoProviders for which the Authorization Object is active.

However, this list does not provide the information I am looking for. I want to know the specific InfoProvider, the authorization relevant InfoObjects of an Authorization are using/accessing.

Because this way, I can easily migrate the existing authorizations to the new concept and restrict access by assigning InfoProvider to the dimension "0TCAIPROV".

Maybe it helps to use an example.

I do have an authorization X that uses the authorization object Y to restrict access on the authorization relevant object Z.

The authorization relevant object Z is sitting in an InfoProvider.

And I want to know, how to get the name of the InfoProvider, in which the autorization relevant object Z that is used in the specific authorization X is sitting in.

Does anyone know how to get the information?

Cheers,

Tobias

Edited by: t.braml on Sep 11, 2009 12:32 PM