cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis Authorizations - What exactly does 0TCAIPROV do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am implementing security for BI 7.0 and I got these questions. Based on what I understood about the new concept I am framing the questions below.

1. Is specifying values (Infoprovider names) in 0TCAIPROV equivalent to putting the 'check for info providers' in the old security concept?

2. What is the difference between 0TCAIPROV and 0INFOPROV?

When I executed a query I gave the infoprovider name that the query is accessing in the auths, in 0TCAIPROV field and gave the same name in 0INFOPROV. It failed. So, I ran a trace and found that the system is checking for aggreagated auths i.e, it is looking for : to be filled in 0INFOPROV. I am a little bit confused here. Why exactly do I need to include 0INFOPROV in the authorizations in the first place when I already have 0TCAIPROV included. And why did it fail when I entered the name of infoprovider in 0INFOPROV, and why is it looking for a "non-inforprovider name" (which is ':' ), and why is it asking for : to be filled in.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Sashank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks buddy. It makes sense.

take care,

Sashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash and Sashank.

Can you please tell me. How do you do this.

Is specifying values (Infoprovider names) in 0TCAIPROV equivalent to putting the 'check for info providers' in the old security concept?

How do you specify values in that onjects through RSD1 or some other way ?

We have created a authorization object and we have marked funds_center as aut. relevant in our cube but we are not able to tie the auth object to the infoprovider

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for answering my questions. However I have another question.

From what I understood from your answer to my second question, we will have to specify the names of the base cubes under the multiprovider in the 0INFOPROV characteristic in the analysis authorization. I tested it by giving the names of the infocubes that are providing data to the mutliprovider in the 0INFOPROV field in the auths. But it failed, and the trace is showing that it is checking for ":" again. COuld you please clarify?

Btw, I dont know if you remember me but we both worked at a client in Omaha.

Sashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sashank,

Typically, you wouldn't want to build authorizations based on 0INFOPROV. If you do flag it as relevant, and build an analysis authorization for it, then it will check for all unless the query is selecting only from one and you have the infoprov characteristic explicitly restricted in the query.

Cheers,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Is specifying values (Infoprovider names) in 0TCAIPROV equivalent to putting the 'check for info providers' in the old security concept?

Yes. You can also specify the infoarea instead of infoprovider by choosing the hierarchy option on 0TCAIPROV!

2. What is the difference between 0TCAIPROV and 0INFOPROV?

When I executed a query I gave the infoprovider name that the query is accessing in the auths, in 0TCAIPROV field and gave the same name in 0INFOPROV. It failed. So, I ran a trace and found that the system is checking for aggreagated auths i.e, it is looking for : to be filled in 0INFOPROV. I am a little bit confused here. Why exactly do I need to include 0INFOPROV in the authorizations in the first place when I already have 0TCAIPROV included. And why did it fail when I entered the name of infoprovider in 0INFOPROV, and why is it looking for a "non-inforprovider name" (which is ':' ), and why is it asking for : to be filled in.

When you specify 0INFOPROV as auth relevant, this characteristic is in a multiprovider. When you build queries on a multiprovider, you can specify which base cubes under that multiprovider a user can access by using characteristic 0INFOPROV. 0TCAIPROV is a special auth characteristic that allows you to flag which infoproviders that this analysis authorization is relevant for.