cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysing Basis Transports using BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I've been asked to build a system to report on the progress and success (or otherwise) of Basis transports through our R/3 system landscape. I would imagine that we would have to design an appropriate extractor for the R/3 side and upload to an InfoCube for analysis. We would like to analyse to the level of reporting on the number of transports in a specific time-period, over our system landscape. We would also like to be able to identify residual (unsuccessful) transports and the reasons for failure etc. In other words, a robust BW application which yield us a clear audit trail. Does anyone have any experience of anything similar? While I am familiar with the concepts of InfCube design, I am not aware of required DataSources etc. and how up extract to BW. Any ideas anyone???

Regards

Des

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claudio_ciardelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

You could identify the tables that hold the Import Queues that are displayed in transaction STMS.

In R/3 define a view on that table and create a generic extractor on it. You can schedule full updates from this data source into an ODS and then load into a cube. With this you would have the list of requests in the queue and their status.

Hope this helps. Provide points accoringly.

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio

Thanks for the advice. We had identified the general areas that would be important however, we wondered what the DataSources to use etc.

Thanks anyway.

Regards

Des

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I dont think we have datasources available for this kind of an scenario.What u can do is create Generic datasources using tcode rso2.prior to that u can create views based upon the tables u have identified.

While creating the datasources u can specify the extractor as the view name u have created.

once done u can check with tcode rsa3 whether the datasources is pulling the required data.

Once done u goto the B/W side and replicate the data sources.Then create communication structure and transfer rules with that datarouce.

And once u have created the ods/cube specific to your criterion, create the update rules and then u can pull data and see whether data is coming to ur data target.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Parth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partho

Thanks for the useful answer.

Regards

Des