cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An XSD Exception occurred. The kind 'Note' does not exist in the CMS. (FWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to get the Know Rights for a report object without any success. Everytime my code hits this method it throws an exception

An XSD Exception occurred. The kind 'Note' does not exist in the CMS. (FWM 04030) (WBP 42029)

I am stuck with this problem for past two days and am not able to figure out any solution

Can anyone please help me in this issue?

Public Function GetObjectRights(ByVal CUID As String) As RightInfo()
        Try
            Dim m_BiPlatform As BusinessObjects.DSWS.BIPlatform.BIPlatform
            Dim urls() As String = _Session.GetAssociatedServicesURL("BIPlatform")

m_BiPlatform = BusinessObjects.DSWS.BIPlatform.BIPlatform.GetInstance(_Session, urls(0))

Dim _RightInfo() As RightInfo = m_BiPlatform.GetKnownRights(CUID)
            Return _RightInfo
        Catch ex As DSWSException
        End Try

End Function

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please ignore my previous reply.

Today I checked this with other objects such as groups and the getknowrights function works perfect.

I think it has some problem with the Folders and Report Objects. I am getting this error for these two objects.

Is there anything that I can do about it?

Thanks.

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first make sure the plugin is acutally registered with the CMS.

go to c:\....\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\packages\

and make sure you have xsd files for BusinessObjects_Note.?.0.xsd (where ? is 1,2,or 3)

Secondly, try going into Infoview and creating a discussion on any one of the objects giving you the error (Note rights 'Allow discussion threads' are applicable to Folders, Crystal Reports, and Webi documents). After creating a discussion, does the error still occur?

Thirdly, is this a clean install CMS database or was it migrated from an earlier version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1-> make sure you have xsd files for BusinessObjects_Note.?.0.xsd (where ? is 1,2,or 3) - All three files are there in the packages folder

2->Secondly, try going into Infoview and creating a discussion on any one of the objects giving you the error (Note rights 'Allow discussion threads' are applicable to Folders, Crystal Reports, and Webi documents). After creating a discussion, does the error still occur? - Yes it still gives me the same error

3-> Thirdly, is this a clean install CMS database or was it migrated from an earlier version - This is a clean install CMS

Thanks....

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm... this sounds strange.

Now that you've created a discussion in infoview, try the following query in query builder:

Select * From CI_INFOOBJECTS Where SI_HIDDEN_OBJECT = 1 and SI_KIND='Note'

and if this returns an object then try the same query in your Web Services application to see if it also returns an infoobject.

the reason I asked if this was a clean install is I've heard of issues (earlier versions) where a migrated cms database did not have "Note" properties or permissions ended up being denied on Notes. But this should not be the case with a new install of the database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I executed the query that you gave, through my web app, it did return me a collection of note objects.

Then what could be the problem.

Is it possible to exclude the Note rights and get other rights from the CMS for an object?

Please help....

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm... I can't think of anything else that could be causing the problem.

I don't know of any way to exclude the 'note' right since GetKnownRights() returns all known rights (RightInfo) for the type of object passed into the method.

A suggestion might be to try getting the knownRights using the BOE .NET SDK (not web services) to see if the same error occurs. There is some simple sample code that you can use as a test in the [BOE .NET SDK developers guide|http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/boesdk_net_dg_12_en.chm].

If this fails as well, then I can only assume that there is some problem with your install of Enterprise as I have tried many ways to reproduce the error you are getting, but cannot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I think I found out the solution for the problem..

The message that was displayed was misleading. I kept looking around and found out that the user who was trying to retrieve the GetKnowRights from the CMS did not have a Full Control on the "Discussion Application" . So I gave full control on the app as well as the Content -"Note" to this user and everything started working.

I think this solves the problem.

Thanks a lot for looking into this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please point me to a location where I can find some resouces on how to setup rights for each object to carry out administrative functions through my Web application?

Cause just after Resolving the issue mentioned in this post I am stuck in another problem where I am not able to update the Security Rights for the object I get the following Error.

Import file parsing exception occurred : 'The type 'q2:RightInfo' could not be found.

Looking at this error message I am confused as what this type 'q2:RightInfo' is.

Would this be a security issue as well?

Thanks,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This exception occurs for all CUIDs.

Last time when I tried to execute the part of code the InfoObject was a WebI document.

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

All CUID values or specific ones?

If specific, what InfoObject does the CUID represent, when you search for it in Query Builder?

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda