cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An internal error occurred while calling the 'retrieveListOfValuesEx' API.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a Universe and exported the same. The universe has an object named RM Segment where I want to create a prompt through Universe itself rather than WEBI report. So in the Universe itself I have defined the @prompt in the where clause of the RM Segmenmt object as Follows

BIDIMRM.Segment IN @Prompt('Select RM Segment','A','RM\RM Segment',Multi,Constrained)...

I have also selected "Allow users to edit this list of values" and "Export with Universe" option.

After exporting the Universe when I can create a WEBI report using the RM Segment Object and Click on Run Query. And when i Click on The RM Segment prompt it gives the Error "A internal error occurred while calling the 'retrieveListOfValuesEx' API. (Error: WIS 30270)".

Pls Suggest as to how this error can be rectified so that the WEBI reports run smooth.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried putting it in a universe condition rather than in the where clause? Also, if you remove can you successfully use the object in a report?

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

No havent tried it as an universe condition

Also the objects works properly without the where condition

Also the Prompts for the same object works fine in Desktop intelligence reports

Edited by: Suresh15081977 on Jun 2, 2009 2:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The WebI and DeskI use a different calculation engine, so what works in one will not necessarily work in the other. Can you try it as a condition and update with the results?

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Works fine when I use it as a condition. But this doesnt currently suffice my need, since the user has to select this condition in WEBI and drag it on to the Query Filters box for prompt to work. But I want to set it up as a universe condition such that whenever the user drags the object the prompt is automatically activated.

Can you suggest who I can make the condition work in the same manner as discussed above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What version are you on? If XI3.0 or greater you can make a condition mandatory in a class. The condition will always be applied when any objects in the class are selected.

I think the issue may be the fact that the prompt is referencing its own list of values in the where clause. 'RM\RM Segment' is defined as the source of the list of values. As a test can you try creating a second object RM Segment2 and use that in the prompt in the where clause.

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alan.. Since we are currently working in XIR2.. the alternative of creating copy of the RM Segment obhect worked fine.

Answers (0)