cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Download to Local

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am displaying a report using "REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY".The report has more than 100 columns.When i click "Download to local" icon,the

result file i get (either txt/xls/htm/doc) does not contain all the data in the report.I don't know the reason.Can anyone help me in this regard?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colin,

My client insits on using the 'Download to local ' icon.

BTW,for the moment i have solved the problem partially.My program

used a structure existing in dictinory as a field catelogue.Then additional fields were appended to the

catelogue.When i debugged the program,i found that the download option was working fine,if the additional fields

are not appended dynamically.So i commented the code that

creates additional fields.Instead i created those additional fileds in the dictionary structure itself.

Now the download option is working fine.

But i still couldn't find the reason for it to not work,when fields were added dynamically using ABAP code.

Any way thanks for your suggestion.

G.Jayaprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not use the Download to local icon - I've had similiar problems using this with an extra wide report.

Use this method instead :

1.From the menu select List -> Export -> Spreadsheet

2. An information message will then be displayed which can be ignored as the report is a simple list only

3. You will then be presented with a pop-up window to decide the processing mode. Select the middle option Table

4. Finally, you will then be presented with another pop-up window with only one option for Microsoft Excel. Press <ENTER> to export to Excel

Eh voila - all your data should be displayed correctly in Excel.

Let me know if this works. If it does, please award the pooints as so few people do

Cheers

Colin.